Get the myAT&T app
joey005's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 10:44 AM

Roaming North America Feature

I wanted to know If and When this feature will be avaiable to everyone? Currently, ATT is the only carrier that does not offer this Roam North America feature to everyone. Verizon/Tmobile/Sprint etc have Free roaming in both Canada and mexico and for a lot less money than ATT plans. some are even in talks about adding free roaming to Cuba as well. I currently have ATT and have been with ATT for over 10 years. I understand it is available to the unlimited plan, however, If you live in NYC like myself for example, I can't get the unlimited plan because 1. Uverse is not offered up here and 2. The apartment buildings in NYC about 95% of them don't allow Satellite services to be added to the building. The feature is also given free to the go-phone customers. Again, a high dis-advantage to the regular mobile share customers. Would this feature be added to all mobile share customers or would I need to find a different provider?  

Thank you.

Guru

• 

901 Messages

7 years ago

This is also available with the newer shared plan too, not just the unlimited data plan.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@deenalove08 RNA does not come with Mobile Share Advantage https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html but does come with Roam Mexico.

@joey005 BUT, if you call 611 and ask for retention and are SUPER nice and polite, they'll generally give you Canadian Roaming Bonus for FREE (unlimited talk/text and 1GB of data). If they don't know what you are talking about, call back again and pilotely ask again. It's not a listed feature so in no way are they obligated to give it to you.

WARNING: If you add the new $10 international plan, Canada will have to come off, don't forget to put it back on!

Actually, sometimes they will give out RNA, but it doesn't seem consistant. It seems more like you get it if you do not ask for it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Quick question, I have MSV 20GB and I called and they agreed to add RNA to my plan, but I don't see it anywhere online?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@cak165 wrote:

Quick question, I have MSV 20GB and I called and they agreed to add RNA to my plan, but I don't see it anywhere online?

It shouldn't be in your PLAN, it should be in your individual LINE features.

BUT it's generally not called RNA on your MSV plan, it's two different items called: 

• Roam Mexico
    and
  • Canada Roaming Bonus.
  • Once in a blue moon they add it as RNA, but that's the exception not the rule.

You need it on EACH line.

If you don't have it, call back again, be SUPER nice and ask again. You should be able to see it on the account immediately after they add it (you'll need to log out and back in again).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.