For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Freddyt's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 5th, 2015 1:57 PM

Roadside Assistance Customer Service -- THE WORST!!!!

DO NOT under any circumstance waste your money getting the ATT Roadside Assistance Plan. Their Customer service is THE WORST that I have ever experienced!! I called and waited 40 MINUTES, just to talk with someone.  It then took another 15 minutes of being put on and off hold for them to tell me that it was going to be 70 MINUTES before the tow truck was going to show up.  I never received any kind of confirmation number, and fortunately I asked for the towing service phone number.  When I called the towing service to confirm the real time, they told me that they did not receive any work order from ATT for the service! Smiley Mad 

I called back ATT Customer Service, and waited ANOTHER 30 MINUTES just to speak with someone AGAIN.  They then proceeded to tell me that there was NOTHING IN THEIR SYSTEM!! Smiley MadSmiley Mad  I then had to go over all of the same information that I gave to them 2 HOURS AGO!!  They still did not give me any confirmation number.  I asked to speak with a Supervisor, who I asked to give me an email address for a Manager.  She put me on HOLD AGAIN.  I am STILL on hold and my call has been over an hour.  I do not think that they are going to pick up my call.  The tactic of making me wait until I give up and hang up is ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYONE CAN RECEIVE.  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS TERRIBLE SERVICE!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hello Freddy. I am sorry about your experience. The company i am a member with provides GREAT customer service as well unlimited towing per 100 miles plus much more.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Have you tried a alternative roadside assistance company? The company i have a membership with will not have you waiting for 5 hours for a tow truck.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This almost exact situation just happened to me!!! How ridiculous is it that I waited 95 minutes because I was told an hour and a half before they could send a flat bed tow truck, then find out they haven't received a work order!!!! Then they send a tow truck an hour later and it's not a flat bed!!! My car requires a flat bed! It's a BMW 645, every other company knows this! I then talk to the manager with roadside assistance and she's not apologetic, she tells me she will have someone call me back in 10-15 minutes about the tow and I asked for the manager and she says "I am the manager how can I help you?!" With the most attitude!! I screamed you aren't helping me!!! She just kept interrupting me and finally I hung up! There was no compensation for this inconvenience. No apologies for all the screw ups. HORRIBLE MAMAGING! She needs to be retrained on how to save the mess ups! I felt like business is not appreciated or valued. You better believe I am taking this off all three lines I have with at&t. BTW my total time on the phones with the waits was about 55 minutes.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Nice to see that AT&T has done NOTHING to resolve their terrible Roadside Assistance sevice issues in a year and a half!!  Looks like their only concern is to grab the money and hope that their Customers will never use the service.  I wish there was better way to get the word out to all of their Customers to not bother paying for this horrible service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Please take few minutes to take the survey below. Thanks!

https://goo.gl/forms/kXEknlumH9UKnvM32

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Had a transmission issue this morning on the way to work. Car was not going anywhere. Called the roadside assistance for towing, was on hold for about 15 min and talked to a fellow for a good 40 minutes off and on who ended up telling me they cant get a hold of anyone in my area. ( for people who know metro Atlanta, I was on cobb pkwy, mecca for car shops and repairs ) so he was going to let another person try it and they will call me back. After 20 minutes someone else called, same story " I am going to call someone..." another half an hour passed and nothing.....finally got a call from 2nd person stating they cant help me and to for me to call back after 8:30 and basically start all over again..

ended up calling my call dealer who recommended a tow shop which i called and within 10 min, tow truck had my car on its flat bed on the way to shop. Needless to say, had to pay for this out of my own pocket, $50 of which I believe should be reimbursed by AT&T road side assistance to me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

AT&T is the worst, and I am going to tell everyone on twitter, my social media, and my newsletter, which has a ton of subscribers.  My car died today, it needs a new starter.  AT&T service found me a tow eventually, but said it would cost me 34 bucks out of pocket.  This for a tow of less than 2 miles.  I agreed reluctantly.  They ask for my credit card.  Fine.  Then the towing company calls and asks for my card number because the card they were given was declined.  They read me a number I don't recognize.  I give them my actual number.  I get home to find out AT&T has charged me 34 bucks, and the tow company has charged me $84!  I suspect roadside assistance messed up the part they were supposed to pay, and I got charged for it.  $118 bucks for a two mile tow, really nice service you have there AT&T.  I have gotten nowhere with customer service.  They just send me to a website that doesn't have any pertinent information to my issues.  Fine.  I'll spend the rest of my life telling everyone who will listen not to waste their money on this service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Very upset to see how things have changed with the roadside assistance. It used to be great. Now you have to wait an hour and a half for someone to come from the opposite side of town to just give you a jump. I callled it 520 am and at 630 no one came so I called the number and was told he was held up on a previous call and it will be another 25-30 min. Absolutely ridiculous! People have to go to work and pay bills! I am def going to look into other roadside assistance options. No one even calls you to tell you there has been a delay. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

sigh.  Looks like I’m not the only one.   Absolute worst roadside assistance ever.  I’ve used this service 3 times over a 6 year span.  Today sealed my decision to cancel this service.  Each experience, I’ve had to wait 2+ hours (today was over 3 hours for a jumpstart) to get help.  I received assistance from a passerby for free before the help I pay monthly for arrived.  In each incident, the company used under contract was not contacted by AT&T for dispatch (first time I thought the roadside guy was lying, but after 3 times, I feel it’s on At&t’s End)  Phone Center representatives either need better training to handle calls.  Or maybe this whole system just doesn’t work.  It’s ironic that a service I add to my plan for peace of mind would cause more stress in a stressful situation.   Oh well, at least cancelling this lowers the wireless portion of my bill.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Very Disappointed - ATT Roadside Assistance

My 72 year old mother was stranded on the side of a country highway at night. It took me an hour on the phone with roadside for them to tell me it would cost me $122 to tow her 25 miles. Mind you, the last time I used roadside  it was 25 miles free. What do I pay roadside for? You could not have told me an hour earlier that you would not pay for it? It took me one phone call to get someone on the way at a much cheaper rate. I basically wasted an hour of time and the safety and emotional well being of an elderly disabled lady. I will be cancelling my roadside assistance and use the 800 # the state of Texas provides. They are quicker and more reliable.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.