For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Freddyt's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 5th, 2015 1:57 PM

Roadside Assistance Customer Service -- THE WORST!!!!

DO NOT under any circumstance waste your money getting the ATT Roadside Assistance Plan. Their Customer service is THE WORST that I have ever experienced!! I called and waited 40 MINUTES, just to talk with someone.  It then took another 15 minutes of being put on and off hold for them to tell me that it was going to be 70 MINUTES before the tow truck was going to show up.  I never received any kind of confirmation number, and fortunately I asked for the towing service phone number.  When I called the towing service to confirm the real time, they told me that they did not receive any work order from ATT for the service! Smiley Mad 

I called back ATT Customer Service, and waited ANOTHER 30 MINUTES just to speak with someone AGAIN.  They then proceeded to tell me that there was NOTHING IN THEIR SYSTEM!! Smiley MadSmiley Mad  I then had to go over all of the same information that I gave to them 2 HOURS AGO!!  They still did not give me any confirmation number.  I asked to speak with a Supervisor, who I asked to give me an email address for a Manager.  She put me on HOLD AGAIN.  I am STILL on hold and my call has been over an hour.  I do not think that they are going to pick up my call.  The tactic of making me wait until I give up and hang up is ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYONE CAN RECEIVE.  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS TERRIBLE SERVICE!!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @Freddyt

I’m sorry to hear of the experience you have had when requesting the help you receive from the AT&T Roadside Assistance Plan! This sounds quite unusual for the time taken to speak to a representative and to have a tow truck dispatched. I would like to look into this to see what has gone wrong with the process in this interaction. Can you please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information?

• Full name
  • Cell number
  • Best time to reach you

Thanks,

Charise

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

1. It is NOT the unusual circumstance. ATT/Allstate Roadside assistance has,  in the last two years, been able to complete a service request, and has TWICE left the stranded in the middle of nowhere. The second was TODAY, August 10, 2015. 
  2. The staff is incompetent. When called out on their inability to read a map, and solve the problem, they put you on hold, and then some message about "Not receiving calls at this time," comes on, then you are cut off. I was on hold for 45 minutes this morning by RICKY in the Arizona call center (I was in the very center of Texas), he could not find a service center in the town nearest me, because there WAS no town. Just a long-closed general store. Finally, he found the town 8.8 miles from my location (I had to help with my iPhone GPS), three places, only one could do the tow, and then, only in two hours. That towing company was only FOUR MILES from my location. There is no Toyota dealership there. It was 70 miles from my home. He advised that I would have to pay a $29 out-of-pocket because of the distance. I asked if he could call Cameron, TX, my destination, only 16 miles away. That way, I might make it to hearing that was scheduled, or only be fashionably late. He huffed up. I DID take a tone with him. I told him that he would be solely responsible for keeping my business, as my previous encounter, June 2013, left me stranded, at midnight, in the West Texas ranch country, 18 miles from one town, and 22 from another, and they refused to help me then. So, Ricky, all hurt, I suppose, put my on hold, again. By this time, it had been 50m minutes. While he put me on hold the second time, I called again, but on my burner phone. I got the Ft. Worth, TX center. I explained what had transpired previously, still on hold for Ricky. THEN, I got the "no calls to this number" message, and Ricky cut me off. He should thank all the Saints in heaven that he is in Arizona. I continue with Karen in Ft. Worth. While she understands my ire at the current situation, she is of no more help. 
  3. Karen tells me the same story about the our-of-pocket expense. No matter. I didn't want to be stranded in a one-horse town with no Toyota dealership, but consented to the tow and extra fee. AND, a two-hour wait for a tow company that was FOUR miles away. 
  4. I got on the 4G network, weak signal and all, found and called a towing service in Temple, TX, some 35 miles away. The cost was MUCH more, but they would arrive 30 minutes before the ATT-recommended local knuckleheads, and would tow me to my dealership in Round Rock, TX, some 45 miles away. It cost me, but had I used ATT Roadside Assistance, and I use that term very loosely, I would have been stranded 75 miles from home, with a broken car, and a marginally-qualified shade-tree mechanic trying to fix a car that was out of his league (2008 Toyota Avalon). 
  5. I paid, and I paid retail, but I got a real service. I'll be joining AAA, or Affinity Motor Club through Good Sam's this afternoon. 
  6. ATT Roadside even accepts that they are no good. After the 2013 debacle, the Allstate Motor Club sent me $100 for my troubles. THEY ARE NOT GETTING OFF THAT LIGHTLY THIS TIME. I'll expect, as a minimum, $500, for four hours of lost work, which is a discounted rate, and a refund of ALL the premiums paid since I have been a member of this exortion program. l

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

att roadside assistance should be considered fraud. I was on hold for a combined 2 hours and when they finally gave me an answer, it was "we are choosing not to help you bc we cannot find a local provider at a low enough cost for us to help you". then they explained they are not part of ATT and don't care to help customers unless the tow truck provider gives them a reasonable cost. I was stranded w no help and bc I spent 2 hours on the phone I had no battery left in my phone. this is outrageous. it's a huge safety issue given we are led to believe this service will help us "24/7".

I've paid for his service for 6 years and this was my first attempt at using it.

I even called Att after my 4 hour nightmare of getting home and complained and the ca rep essentially said this happens and there is nothing they will do about it. they offered me $30, even though I have spent over $200 in paying this monthly fee and $85 for my eventual tow truck they i found after ATT screwed me. I Am so appalled at the way this was handled. who care about your safety? sorry we know you paid for this service but we have no obligation to help you besides stealing you money.

this is ridiculous and irresponsible that the company gets away with taking our money and employing an incompetent partner and then claiming innocence bc the partner sucks.  I'll be sure to tell everyone I know not just how bad roadside assistance was but how terrible ATT was about this whole situation.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My experience with AT&T Roadside assistance sucks. Ive probably been paying the 2.99 per month for at LEAST 3 years, and never used it. Yesterday, my truck broke down, and needed it towed 10 miles to the shop I use and trust. They told me Id have to pay an ADDITIONAL 35 bucks out of pocket to have it towed. I asked why I should have to pay anything, and came up with some dumb answer that they changed providers. Needless to say, I was not happy. I got rid of it today, when I found out I can add Roadside assistance to my insurance for 3.33 per month, which covers a tow not only 100 miles, but if Im out of town, will cover expenses such as a hotel or rental car. If you have AT&T roadside assistance, Id get rid of it. Chances are, you can find a cheaper alternative through your insurance that will offer much better coverage, and not try to screw you with and extra out of pocket charge. The only upside is they were quick to get a tow truck to me. AT&T, your Roadside Assistance is a FAIL in my book.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have had a similar experience. Was left stranded, spent HOURS on the phone on hold, kept being told "there was no available provider" and it took me an entire day to get home only AFTER I agreed to pay $175!!!! This is a total scam and should really not be allowed to be offered to customers as a "service."

Despicable.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have a similar experience of needing my car jumped. In March as well as August of this year, they wanted to charge me $55.00 just to jump my battery. That's in addition to the $75.00 already covered by the service plan. And both times, the service providers were only 5 minutes away. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Triple A....

The typical charge for an emergency jump is $125 in my area.  ($85 per hour and a charge for emergency)  Since Roadside assistance only cover $75, anything over that has to be paid.

Triple A is cheaper and more comprehensive.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

[Edited to comply with Guidelines] This negligence could've killed my children!

I had someone out thur the AT&T roadside assistance program to change a flat tire.  We didn't get 15 miles down the freeway until the tire started shaking.  I pulled over and all the lug nuts had come off except for 1-  the tire was hanging off.

I had my 2 young children in the car.  We could've been in a horrific accident and harmed others as well due to this negligence! 

I should've known better than to subscibe to this service.  AT&T has the WORST customer service when it comes to mobility, internet and phone!  This is just another reason I'm going to change all my service away from them.

AT&T has been a long time inconvenience but now this has gone too far.  I can't believe they can stay in business.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T Roadside Assistance is THE WORST EVER!!!!! I have roadside since they were Cingular Wireless and I paid my service fee and whenever I needed services, there was no issues. For the past year or so, customer service has been terrible. They have you on hold for ever before getting back to you. Then when they find someone, you have to pay for it. Last night I was on the side of the road with my family and waited a half an hour before them coming back to the phone and saying they couldn't help me. Thank God we had AAA and they came within 15 minutes of me using my app and setting up a service call. So I wouldn't recommend AT&T's Roadside service to anyone. You can get AAA for a little of nothing or get on their payment plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

At&t roadsidw assistance is the worst. They have horrible customer service and I have been waiting 5 hours and counting to get a tow.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.