Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 14, 2014
6:47:29 AM
View profile
Replacement phone warranty question

Hello,

Let's say I get my phone replaced under warranty after 6 months of purchasing my new phone -- will the warranty be extended to the remaining 6 months on the replacement phone or will it just come with 90 warranty? Also suppose my phone gets replaced under warranty towards the end of the 1 year period, will the replacement phone come additional 90 day warranty past the 1 year period? Are replacemt phones the same as ATT certified like new phones? thanks

Hello,

Let's say I get my phone replaced under warranty after 6 months of purchasing my new phone -- will the warranty be extended to the remaining 6 months on the replacement phone or will it just come with 90 warranty? Also suppose my phone gets replaced under warranty towards the end of the 1 year period, will the replacement phone come additional 90 day warranty past the 1 year period? Are replacemt phones the same as ATT certified like new phones? thanks

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 18, 2014 8:17:25 AM
(1)
Community Manager

Hello docsho,

A replacement phone with either carry over the original warranty expiration date or 90 days, whichever is greater, so your understanding is correct.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Replacement phone warranty question

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2014 6:48:57 AM
(1)
ACE - Professor

Refurbished phones carry a 90-day warranty, regardless of when you purchased the "new" phone.

Not sure if the refurbs are same as "certified like-new", but I think they are the same.  They are warrantied phones that have supposedly been repaired.  I've seen various reports where some are almost indistinguisable from new, while others are dinged up and even have some type of malfunction, and needs to be sent back in.  Its really just luck of the draw.

Refurbished phones carry a 90-day warranty, regardless of when you purchased the "new" phone.

Not sure if the refurbs are same as "certified like-new", but I think they are the same.  They are warrantied phones that have supposedly been repaired.  I've seen various reports where some are almost indistinguisable from new, while others are dinged up and even have some type of malfunction, and needs to be sent back in.  Its really just luck of the draw.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Replacement phone warranty question

2 of 3 (732 Views)
Highlighted
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 18, 2014 8:17:25 AM
(1)
Community Manager

Hello docsho,

A replacement phone with either carry over the original warranty expiration date or 90 days, whichever is greater, so your understanding is correct.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello docsho,

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Replacement phone warranty question

3 of 3 (697 Views)
Solution