For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
BertBnLV's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, April 2nd, 2016 3:04 AM

Phone deals for existing customers?

I notice Att always has buy one get one free phones for new customers or if you add a line only. Is the only way to get any love from Att is to switch to another carrier and come back later? I have been with Att and Directtv long after my contract and already have 4 lines of service. Am I not as valuable a customer?

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

While you do make a valid point, AT&T also has the BuyBack program which you can always use towards a new phone purchase.

There's also the Plenti rewards program where you earn points for paying your bill and in turn can use those points for you wireless bill or at the other participating partners.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

made a couple calls to AT&T, to possible purchase a new contract ( Have had at&t for many years without contract.... Shame I have to look to other companies to get a better deal and possible a new phone for free....  AT&T   does not offer anything......   Well At&t once was a giant company and then had a setback...... Guess it may happen again with service like this to the old/valued customers....   Maybe the customers aren't valued anymore.....  One customer with AT&T who is going to look else where....  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@bj1505 ATT does not do 2 year contract discounted phones any more. No carrier does. You should pick your wireless service provider based on who provides you the service you need, where you need it at a price you are willing to pay. You may get a phone deal by switching but you won't really care if the service is terrible and 2 or 3 years from now when you want a new phone, you will run into the same thing. Look at the other carriers, their phone deals aren't available to their existing customers either. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I feel the same way. AT&T only offers deals to new customers...not the long time faithful ones. Until thats what I thought until a spoke to an agent at AT&T today in regards to my account. I had some questions which the agent handled quickly and proffesionally. At the end of my conversation I asked if there were any offers for existing customers for new phones. To my surprise she said yes....but its over. You could have traded in a old iphone for a new iphone for existing customers. Apparetly it was offered - 9-9-2016 through 9-25-2016. Wow! I told her I had no idea, no email, never saw it on the webset, heck she said she (the AT&T agent) had no idea either. She told me she felt it was more of a hidden offer. Well thank you AT&T for keeping your loyal customers in the dark!!! This is definetly the last straw. Looking for a new provider!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

It was not hidden, all offers are on the website.  You have to check in to see what's up.  

Note,  like any offer, it had requirements.  The traded in phone had to be an iPhone 6/6 Plus or 6S/6S plus.  It had to be paid off or out of contract.  It had to be in excellent condition. The trade in allowance of up to $650 whole be reduced or voided if the phone were not pretty much mint.  

Please keep in mind big promotions are to steal customers in order to make a profit- NOT to save you money.   Make your choice based on plan/service price and coverage.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@GymnasticMom68 wrote:

I feel the same way. AT&T only offers deals to new customers...not the long time faithful ones.

If they gave everyone free smartphones all the time (every 2 years) they would have to raise our rates up $27.09 a month to cover them, those phones aren't free.

That's why newer plans are cheaper then the old plans, they don't come with the "free" phone any more, which wasn't free, the phone cost was built into the cost of the old plans. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

We are also looking for a new carrier after being with at&t for almost twenty years. We are paying 3x what other carriers charge. And no compinsation, we are using old phones, and having problems with them, but the only offers are with other companies. They got comfortable having us around and now think we will just stay just because we have been loyal customers for so long, but they are not loyal to us. Ive been to verison, next sprint. Its time to move on. Any suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Cobrakid You need to make sure you aren't on an older plan that you're paying too much for! It's possible you're on an OLD plan and it'd be more cost effective for a newer one. 

How many lines and how much data total do you need? What are you paying for that plan? (NOT phones, just the plan)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

4 lines, 3 are smart phones. We don't owe on phones and have no contracts. We have a 16 year old and data is always a problem. I may have an older plan but I choose from what i see as my choices.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

If T-mobile and Sprint had coverage everyone would use them and ATT and Verizon would have to lower their prices to compete. But their service stinks in enough places that ATT and Verizon run the show. In my area, Verizon is king. I'm getting by with ATT, but regularly stress out when in a dead zone.
Do the math....
https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html
https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.