Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail

Tutor

Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail

Ok, my mother calls all the time. (love her to bits)  Anyhow, when I'm at work, I'd like for her calls to just go directly to my voice mail.  I don't want to block her, just automatically redirect her to my voice mail. 

Is there a way to do this to just one number? 

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6 (11,359 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author jlynn930
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail



jlynn930 wrote:
Ok, my mother calls all the time. (love her to bits)  Anyhow, when I'm at work, I'd like for her calls to just go directly to my voice mail.  I don't want to block her, just automatically redirect her to my voice mail. 

Is there a way to do this to just one number? 

Thanks!

Not with stock AT&T voicemail, but I believe Youmail has that option if you want to try it out.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (11,359 Views)
Tutor

Re: Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail

That seems exactly like what I need Smiley Happy  Thank you!  I'll update the forum after I try this out for a bit!

Thank you, again!

Jlynn
Message 3 of 6 (11,352 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail



jlynn930 wrote:
That seems exactly like what I need Smiley Happy  Thank you!  I'll update the forum after I try this out for a bit!

Thank you, again!

Jlynn

You're welcome!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (11,334 Views)
Professor

Re: Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail



jlynn930 wrote:
That seems exactly like what I need Smiley Happy  Thank you!  I'll update the forum after I try this out for a bit!

Thank you, again!

Jlynn


You will love YouMail.  You can even personalize each person's messages, with their name and a personal message, instead of the "canned" statement. I have been using it for about a month and love it.
Message 5 of 6 (11,084 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail



dmapr wrote:


jlynn930 wrote:
Ok, my mother calls all the time. (love her to bits)  Anyhow, when I'm at work, I'd like for her calls to just go directly to my voice mail.  I don't want to block her, just automatically redirect her to my voice mail. 

Is there a way to do this to just one number? 

Thanks!

Not with stock AT&T voicemail, but I believe Youmail has that option if you want to try it out.


Youmail is great. I love it.
 
However, Youmail is the VM substitute to AT&T's VM.
 
To actually *automatically* redirect from your phone to VM you have 2 options...
(1) Some phones, I believe, can redirect specific callers that you specify
(2) 3rd party software can do it. I use Photo Contacts Pro myself. It has TONS of features. Google it. It's free to try and about $25 to buy. Photo contacts Pro can route specific callers to VM or even simply hang up on them. Also, you can even program it to reply to callers with SMS. Set it so that when it sees an appt in your calendar, it will set your phone to vibrate automatically. Very neat.
Message 6 of 6 (11,072 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.