Get the myAT&T app
jlynn930's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 19th, 2008 4:48 PM

Closed

Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail

Ok, my mother calls all the time. (love her to bits)  Anyhow, when I'm at work, I'd like for her calls to just go directly to my voice mail.  I don't want to block her, just automatically redirect her to my voice mail. 

Is there a way to do this to just one number? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

@jlynn930 wrote:
Ok, my mother calls all the time. (love her to bits)  Anyhow, when I'm at work, I'd like for her calls to just go directly to my voice mail.  I don't want to block her, just automatically redirect her to my voice mail. 

Thanks!

Not with stock AT&T voicemail, but I believe Youmail has that option if you want to try it out.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

16 years ago

That seems exactly like what I need 🙂  Thank you!  I'll update the forum after I try this out for a bit!

Thank you, again!

Jlynn

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

@jlynn930 wrote:
That seems exactly like what I need 🙂  Thank you!  I'll update the forum after I try this out for a bit!

Thank you, again!

Jlynn

You're welcome!

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

15 years ago

jlynn930 wrote:

Thank you, again!

Jlynn

You will love YouMail.  You can even personalize each person's messages, with their name and a personal message, instead of the "canned" statement. I have been using it for about a month and love it.

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

@dmapr wrote:

@jlynn930 wrote:

Thanks!

Not with stock AT&T voicemail, but I believe Youmail has that option if you want to try it out.

Youmail is great. I love it.

However, Youmail is the VM substitute to AT&T's VM.

To actually *automatically* redirect from your phone to VM you have 2 options...
(1) Some phones, I believe, can redirect specific callers that you specify
(2) 3rd party software can do it. I use Photo Contacts Pro myself. It has TONS of features. Google it. It's free to try and about $25 to buy. Photo contacts Pro can route specific callers to VM or even simply hang up on them. Also, you can even program it to reply to callers with SMS. Set it so that when it sees an appt in your calendar, it will set your phone to vibrate automatically. Very neat.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.