Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2008
9:48:01 AM
Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail
Ok, my mother calls all the time. (love her to bits)  Anyhow, when I'm at work, I'd like for her calls to just go directly to my voice mail.  I don't want to block her, just automatically redirect her to my voice mail. 

Is there a way to do this to just one number? 

Thanks!
Ok, my mother calls all the time. (love her to bits)  Anyhow, when I'm at work, I'd like for her calls to just go directly to my voice mail.  I don't want to block her, just automatically redirect her to my voice mail. 

Thanks!
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 19, 2008 9:58:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jlynn930 wrote:

Thanks!

Not with stock AT&T voicemail, but I believe Youmail has that option if you want to try it out.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 19, 2008 9:58:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jlynn930 wrote:

Thanks!

Not with stock AT&T voicemail, but I believe Youmail has that option if you want to try it out.

jlynn930 wrote:

Thanks!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Not really blocking a call, just redirecting it to voice mail

2 of 6 (11,291 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2008 10:02:57 AM
(0)
Tutor
That seems exactly like what I need Smiley Happy  Thank you!  I'll update the forum after I try this out for a bit!

Thank you, again!

Jlynn
That seems exactly like what I need Smiley Happy  Thank you!  I'll update the forum after I try this out for a bit!

Thank you, again!

Jlynn

3 of 6 (11,284 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2008 12:44:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jlynn930 wrote:

Thank you, again!

Jlynn

You're welcome!

jlynn930 wrote:

Thank you, again!

Jlynn

You're welcome!

4 of 6 (11,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2008 9:28:08 PM
(0)
Professor

jlynn930 wrote:

Thank you, again!

Jlynn

You will love YouMail.  You can even personalize each person's messages, with their name and a personal message, instead of the "canned" statement. I have been using it for about a month and love it.

jlynn930 wrote:

Thank you, again!

Jlynn

You will love YouMail.  You can even personalize each person's messages, with their name and a personal message, instead of the "canned" statement. I have been using it for about a month and love it.

5 of 6 (11,016 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2008 5:04:23 AM
(0)
Master

dmapr wrote:

jlynn930 wrote:

Thanks!

Youmail is great. I love it.

However, Youmail is the VM substitute to AT&T's VM.

To actually *automatically* redirect from your phone to VM you have 2 options...
(1) Some phones, I believe, can redirect specific callers that you specify
(2) 3rd party software can do it. I use Photo Contacts Pro myself. It has TONS of features. Google it. It's free to try and about $25 to buy. Photo contacts Pro can route specific callers to VM or even simply hang up on them. Also, you can even program it to reply to callers with SMS. Set it so that when it sees an appt in your calendar, it will set your phone to vibrate automatically. Very neat.

dmapr wrote:

jlynn930 wrote:

Thanks!

Youmail is great. I love it.

However, Youmail is the VM substitute to AT&T's VM.

To actually *automatically* redirect from your phone to VM you have 2 options...
(1) Some phones, I believe, can redirect specific callers that you specify
(2) 3rd party software can do it. I use Photo Contacts Pro myself. It has TONS of features. Google it. It's free to try and about $25 to buy. Photo contacts Pro can route specific callers to VM or even simply hang up on them. Also, you can even program it to reply to callers with SMS. Set it so that when it sees an appt in your calendar, it will set your phone to vibrate automatically. Very neat.
Posted from my Samsung Captivate

6 of 6 (11,004 Views)