Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Not eligible for ATT Thanks?!

Tutor

Not eligible for ATT Thanks?!

So I am unable to receive these rewards because I am employed by a school district? That’s a horrible policy to have. By the way, teaching is one of the hardest things anyone can do to support themselves and serve the community. I am embarrassed that I give you so much of my hard earned money, that you accept without restrictions, from my job at a school. 

I would like an explanation of this heinous policy and why you think it is fair to exclude entire groups of people from your reward system but continue to take everyone’s money equally. 

Thanks for the terrible treatment and service.
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

@jenihonu wrote:

So I am unable to receive these rewards because I am employed by a school district? That’s a horrible policy to have.

Please explain why you think who you are employed by has something to do with this issue that you're having? 

Are you using the app? Try texting  ATTTHANKS to 8758.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Sage

All postpaid customers would be included.  Are your prepaid?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Tutor

What is prepaid/postpaid? I pay over $300 a month on their terrible service...my family deserves these rewards, too.

Message 4 of 7
Tutor

I didn’t accept as a solution...please take that off. Still unresolved!

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎11-17-2018 6:00 AM

It is not ATT’s policy. If there are any benefits you are not eligible for, it is because it is illegal. The following is stated on the explanation of the various tiers: The following customers may be legally prohibited from accepting gifts from AT&T and are not eligible for AT&T THANKS program benefits: a. Employees or elected officials of any government body, or members of any government or school board or commission; b. employees of K thru 12 schools, libraries or rural hospitals; c. employees of foreign governments and/or employees of companies owned in whole or in part by a foreign government; d. Immediate family members, dependents or households of anyone in category (a) thru (c) above.

The web page is: https://www.att.com/att/attthanks/en/tiers.html

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
ACE - Sage

I didn’t notice that @sandblaster.  That would mean other rewards by other carriers would also be prohibited by law.  

Most school systems have discounts for their employees.  @jenihonu Yuo might see if you are eligible for a service discount with your school email.  

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/iru-check-for-discount.html

I’m guessing you already did so, which is how you found out you can’t use the Thanks program.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support