Get the myAT&T app
ccompton1993's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 30th, 2019 2:19 PM

New phone on new plan..

So I switched over to my boyfriends plan, the AT&T representative that set up my new phone insisted there was no way that I could transfer my old number from my parents plan (which is also with AT&T). Now upon further research it seems that there could have been a way to keep my original number.

The number on my parents plan has been disconnected but I was curious if we could reactivate that line with that number and somehow transfer it over to my boyfriends plan to replace the number I am stuck with now. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Probably not. Your parents would need to call to find out. If they can reactivate that number, they can then transfer that line to your boyfriend’s account by doing a transfer of billing responsibility. You can not replace your current number with that number. It would be a new line on his account. You, of course, could use that number and cancel your current line but if you are paying for a phone, the installment plan can’t be moved. If you cancel the line with the installment plan, you will be billed the remainder owed on the phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

If they said “no” might it have been because you and you BF set up a BOGO deal for a phone discount?   A number within At&t would count as a new line.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the reply, I kind of figured at this point it was too late to attempt to fix it. Really I'm more frustrated with the fact that I have my Facebook account set up to two factor verification and haven't been able to access it since getting the new phone.

Plus I was attached to my original number since I've had it for years now. The representative explained it as my number was locked in on my parents plan and there was no way to move it. But as sandblaster stated above now we're making payments on my new line and new phone so I'll just have to get used to a new number.

Thanks for the help guys 🙂 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ccompton1993   Contact Facebook.  They can help you access your account.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.