For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Runnergirl1976's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, January 5th, 2017 1:45 PM

Need son's password(s) to put SmartLimits on his phone?

Do I need to know any of my son's passwords (unlock code, iCloud, iTunes, etc.) in order to put SmartLimits on his phone?  Or as the main account holder, do I already have the necessary access to put the SmartLimits on his phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

You don't put anything on his phone, so no passwords are needed.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Just remember there are ways to get around smart limits on phones.  imessage wont be blocked by smart limits.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Nor does it block anything they can do over wifi. Smartlimits only restricts cellular data.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

Nor does it block anything they can do over wifi. Smartlimits only restricts cellular data.

@sandblaster

Actually smart limits only blocks cell data now...  You can set times anymore its either block it all or none.  And I can do that without smart limits.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@sandblaster

Actually smart limits only blocks cell data now...  You can set times anymore its either block it all or none.  And I can do that without smart limits.

@GLIMMERMAN76 what am I not getting? I think I said the same thing.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@sandblaster

@GLIMMERMAN76 what am I not getting? I think I said the same thing.

@sandblaster

sorry when I think restrict I think set up time limits for data...  not an all out block...  My fault LOL...  My brain went another way.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.