Get the myAT&T app
routerdude's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 5:47 AM

Mobile share advantage plan, mexico roaming question

Hi,

I am planning to vacation in mexico for a week to 10 days max.

I currently have a 4GB shared value plan.

I am planning to upgrade to 10GB mobile share advantage plan.

Under this plan :

While in mexico : (roaming)

1) can i make/recieve calls to.from US for no charge?  (without any per minute charges)

2) I understand i can use the 10GB data and send/receive unlimited text to from/US - that correct?

While in US (where i am a plan holder)

1) can i make unlimited calls/text to mexico from US?

I could not get a clear answer from customer support regarding this.

I appreciate any answer.

thanks,

-rd

(P.S : i am a newbie here, please redirect to appropriate forum if this is not the correct one for this question, thx)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

This page sums it up nice-and-official: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/mexico-roaming-plan.html

The basic answer is yep, you can pretty much do everything you're asking, by moving to the larger plan.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

pgrey,

Thank you. I have seen this article.

I was going by it until i chatted with a customer rep who was insisting that unlimited talk will be charged at roaming rate unless i buy passport.

-rd

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@routerdude Yeah, the inconsistency in CSR in this area is an ongoing problem, it's a good thing some people check with their fellow customers, on the forums, particularly those that have "ferreted out" the specifics on this part of the plan.

If you're going to MX or CA, there are much better deals than the Passport plans.  Both require the 10GB option, and the MX travel you can simply go into your plan after changing to 10GB, and select the "Roam Mexico" feature.

For Canada, you have to call retentions and find someone who knows all about the Canada Bonus plan, and then triple-check your plan online, afterwards, to make sure ALL applicable lines have this other feature, after the retentions agent adds it (it took me 3 calls to get it on all of our lines, for example).

You should be good with the Mexico travel though, just move to 10GB, and you can add the option yourself, and see that it's turned on, quite handy that way...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

@pgrey,
thank you so much for mentioning this.
I didn't see any feature like 'roam mexico' in my plan option. It says 'pay per use in international'
I had another (5th so far) chat session with att customer rep.
He says it is an internal option (?) that needed to be enabled.
Apparently i cannot see through my plan details nor enable (sic).
None of the previous chat reps told me this nugget.
I am good to go now (or i am so told). FWIW i have bunch of chat transcripts...

thx again,
-rd

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.