For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
NHBeck's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 2:17 PM

Loyal ATT User ??? But , Not Sure How Much Longer

I have had ATT for over 15 years. I have seen ALL of the NEW and IMPROVED that they have rolled out. I am internet savvy and I have had IPhones since their launch.  Our new puppy it seems has a phone fetish and my daughters 6s was the victim. Good news we insured it. However, in the past when I would pop on to check my bill the little chat window would stalk me !! Literally. Now It took me 15 min to click through the do it yourself apple links to find the chat option. OH yes you can still call. Due to a higher then average call volume you wait time is 28 min ??? Ironically the "other" company still stalks with their chat window. we are a duel company household. There is not an email option ? 28 minutes?  With the cost of doing business, this will cost your customers too much. I did actually get help only to be sent to Asurion which is great they insure the phones only the phone they sent is Refurbished so upon activation it had an error code. Their answer ??? We have filed a claim for that SIM number!!! Thank you. Now I could chat again with ATT and go again to Asurion but, then I would have 3 ATT phones that do not work. I would like an email address ? I wrote and asked for one? Asurion ignored it. Do you have one? I'm not spending more then the 2+ hours its already been. In 10 years ATT has been great but, this issue has been enough to make me rethink our options. 7 days without a phone ??? 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

ATT does not do customer support via email, no such address exists. I don't know about Assurion. The closest you can get to email is to use the private message feature of this forum and send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@NHBeck wrote:

I have had ATT for over 15 years. I have seen ALL of the NEW and IMPROVED that they have rolled out. I am internet savvy and I have had IPhones since their launch.  Our new puppy it seems has a phone fetish and my daughters 6s was the victim. Good news we insured it. However, in the past when I would pop on to check my bill the little chat window would stalk me !! Literally. Now It took me 15 min to click through the do it yourself apple links to find the chat option. OH yes you can still call. Due to a higher then average call volume you wait time is 28 min ??? Ironically the "other" company still stalks with their chat window. we are a duel company household. There is not an email option ? 28 minutes?  With the cost of doing business, this will cost your customers too much. I did actually get help only to be sent to Asurion which is great they insure the phones only the phone they sent is Refurbished so upon activation it had an error code. Their answer ??? We have filed a claim for that SIM number!!! Thank you. Now I could chat again with ATT and go again to Asurion but, then I would have 3 ATT phones that do not work. I would like an email address ? I wrote and asked for one? Asurion ignored it. Do you have one? I'm not spending more then the 2+ hours its already been. In 10 years ATT has been great but, this issue has been enough to make me rethink our options. 7 days without a phone ??? 

@NHBeck

just a FYI all insurance replacements and warranty replacements are refurbs.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I'm good with refurb. But it should work ??

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, it should work.   Contact Asurion right away if a phone is defective in any way.

And Asurion should send replacements within a couple of business days.  Since you are a dual carrier house, you should know the other carrier also uses Asurion.  

Your agreement with both Apple warranty and Asurion insurance provide you with a certified, like-new refurbished phone.  

To contact ATT, the options (aside from private message) are accessed right from the ATT.com front page under support;  are listed in your contacts under AT&T service, which includes the 611 number; and at the bottom of the page and in the menu if you are logged into your My ATT app on your mobile phone;  and if you scroll to the bottom of this page, in the black margin, it also says "contact us". 

On the ATT.com search bar, you can type "insurance" and are directed to how to file a claim.

where's the easy button....

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

ATT EXPERT - I contacted tech Asurion about the phone as you can see it has been unsuccessful. I sent the message below to their support team. Their Response ????

A claim has already been filed for this SIM # ??

Thank you for contacting Asurion.

At this point. I am turning it all over to the BBB. SO FAR everyone has told me to contact someone else. I have not been provided the service I was promised. I have invested more time and effort then any consumer should be required to do. I have paid for the insurance to insure that should the need arise I have an option to replace that device with limited inconvenience. The loss was on 5/16. I have 2 useless ATT phones and now I am tired of being told that the person who is speaking or writing can't help me. That is clear. ATT can't help me because ?? Well hmmm , because it's an insurance claim that their vendor has fulfilled with a product that was not in working order when it arrived. They were notified of that and after quite some time it had to be the account holder. When I asked for a supervisor for my husband to speak with we received the email stating they had fulfilled their claim but if. Course no supervisor contact.

I want my insurance deductibles back

I want a working phone overnighted

I want it resolved without me having to make anymore calls ??

Why do I have to work this hard to get services I paid for.

Lisa 

AUTHORIZED USER on Account

CONTRACT HOLDER- Kendrick

To Whom It May Concern,

I have spent 1:17 minutes of my day trying to resolve this matter. Only after a full 20 minutes in the last conversation, was I told that even though I am authorized on the account and I answered every question that was asked correctly, I can't file this claim.

I would like to review the details of this matter so we can be clear what the problem is, we have had an insurance claim filed and expected to get a working replacement for the effected device in a timely manor. 2 days is what we were told by phone. For the average business person, that could be a problem but, this phone belongs to a child. So other then heart ache no actual loss. However, when FedEx says it was delivered 5/16 and it's not here but it shows up on 5/18 ? Then we have a problem. They have concluded it was left on the truck in error but, had to be resorted for redelivery. That delay is not the error of your company and they have addressed the issue.

I received the phone and knew the activation would take some time so Sunday night I sat down to start it when my Husband The ACCOUNT HOLDER was here I went through the process. Updated ITunes and the 10-12 other steps the phone asked for. I have had IPhone since they began I like to see the apple come up and the START and off we go. Instead I got an error. With my long experience with IPhones comes the knowledge of error blogs. 4013 is a hardware error. My laptop is a 2016 model and the ITunes was updated 20 min earlier so, it was not hardware here. I got on the ATT Chat at that time and spent 20 min Sunday night trying to fix this. I was forwarded to Advanced technical Support where I was put in que for an 18 minute wait. At that point my husband asked me to get to it this week. This may seem like a long email but, it has taken you a fraction of the time I put into waiting to be told that,

#1 My husband had to call and no there was no direct number ?? ( At this point I am 1:06 invested ? and authorized on account)

#2 This is a separate claim number and will require a separate deductible? As it relates to the same loss and I now have 2 phones that do not work that is unfathomable.

#3 Where can my husband call to speak to a supervisor directly to address all of these issues at one time. Clearly taking an hour out of a work day to chat and transfer from ATT to Asurion is not time effective. Please indicate Who can get this issue resolved without transfer or further need for Authorizations and I will insure that he contacts them directly.

Thank You,

Lisa

> On May 23, 2017 at 12:39 PM Asurion wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi ***
>
> Thank you for contacting Asurion to begin a claim for your lost, stolen or damaged device. Your claim has been created and your Claim ID is***
>
> Once you successfully complete your claim, we'll provide important instructions on what to do next.
>
> Sincerely,
> The Asurion Team
> Track Your Claim
> Follow your claim online.
>
> General Policy Information
> Need more program information?
>
> Deductible
> Look up your deductible.
> Please Note: This is an auto-generated email that is unable to receive replies.
>
>

> Privacy Policy | Contact Us
>

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

But you are aiming this at ATT, who cannot help you.  

You don't call Ford if you car is wrecked, you call Geico.  

Would you be calling the other carrier if it were their phone the puppy chewed?   You might, but you would be wrong.

Att only facilitates Insurnace purchase and payments, they don't tell Asurion how to do business.  

The one thing ATT probably can do is provide you with another way to contact Asurion to complain.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@NHBeck wrote:

ATT EXPERT - I contacted tech Asurion about the phone as you can see it has been unsuccessful. I sent the message below to their support team. Their Response ????

A claim has already been filed for this SIM # ??

Thank you for contacting Asurion.

At this point. I am turning it all over to the BBB. SO FAR everyone has told me to contact someone else. I have not been provided the service I was promised. I have invested more time and effort then any consumer should be required to do. I have paid for the insurance to insure that should the need arise I have an option to replace that device with limited inconvenience. The loss was on 5/16. I have 2 useless ATT phones and now I am tired of being told that the person who is speaking or writing can't help me. That is clear. ATT can't help me because ?? Well hmmm , because it's an insurance claim that their vendor has fulfilled with a product that was not in working order when it arrived. They were notified of that and after quite some time it had to be the account holder. When I asked for a supervisor for my husband to speak with we received the email stating they had fulfilled their claim but if. Course no supervisor contact.

I want my insurance deductibles back

I want a working phone overnighted

I want it resolved without me having to make anymore calls ??

Why do I have to work this hard to get services I paid for.

Lisa 

AUTHORIZED USER on Account

CONTRACT HOLDER- Kendrick

To Whom It May Concern,

I have spent 1:17 minutes of my day trying to resolve this matter. Only after a full 20 minutes in the last conversation, was I told that even though I am authorized on the account and I answered every question that was asked correctly, I can't file this claim.

I would like to review the details of this matter so we can be clear what the problem is, we have had an insurance claim filed and expected to get a working replacement for the effected device in a timely manor. 2 days is what we were told by phone. For the average business person, that could be a problem but, this phone belongs to a child. So other then heart ache no actual loss. However, when FedEx says it was delivered 5/16 and it's not here but it shows up on 5/18 ? Then we have a problem. They have concluded it was left on the truck in error but, had to be resorted for redelivery. That delay is not the error of your company and they have addressed the issue.

I received the phone and knew the activation would take some time so Sunday night I sat down to start it when my Husband The ACCOUNT HOLDER was here I went through the process. Updated ITunes and the 10-12 other steps the phone asked for. I have had IPhone since they began I like to see the apple come up and the START and off we go. Instead I got an error. With my long experience with IPhones comes the knowledge of error blogs. 4013 is a hardware error. My laptop is a 2016 model and the ITunes was updated 20 min earlier so, it was not hardware here. I got on the ATT Chat at that time and spent 20 min Sunday night trying to fix this. I was forwarded to Advanced technical Support where I was put in que for an 18 minute wait. At that point my husband asked me to get to it this week. This may seem like a long email but, it has taken you a fraction of the time I put into waiting to be told that,

#1 My husband had to call and no there was no direct number ?? ( At this point I am 1:06 invested ? and authorized on account)

#2 This is a separate claim number and will require a separate deductible? As it relates to the same loss and I now have 2 phones that do not work that is unfathomable.

#3 Where can my husband call to speak to a supervisor directly to address all of these issues at one time. Clearly taking an hour out of a work day to chat and transfer from ATT to Asurion is not time effective. Please indicate Who can get this issue resolved without transfer or further need for Authorizations and I will insure that he contacts them directly.

Thank You,

Lisa

@> On May 23, 2017 at 12:39 PM Asurion wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi ***
>
> Thank you for contacting Asurion to begin a claim for your lost, stolen or damaged device. Your claim has been created and your Claim ID is***
>
> Once you successfully complete your claim, we'll provide important instructions on what to do next.
>
> Sincerely,
> The Asurion Team
> Track Your Claim
> Follow your claim online.
>
> General Policy Information
> Need more program information?
>
> Deductible
> Look up your deductible.
> Please Note: This is an auto-generated email that is unable to receive replies.
>
>

> Privacy Policy | Contact Us
>

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

First off....  never post your info in a public forum...  2nd Asurion has to process the exchange for the new device att cant do it and thats part of the problem.  3rd you realize the BBB is not going to help you right there a joke.  My suggestion is pm @ATTMobilityCare and see if they can help you.

@ATTKevin @ATTTimCS

Can we get this poor lady some help....  I really do hate asurion.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

BTW, what did you mean by this:   .....so upon activation it had an error code. Their answer ??? We have filed a claim for that SIM number!!!

Did you install your daughters SIM card in the phone to activate with iTunes?

What error code?

Are they saying the claim was for a different line on your account?   Insurance is tied to the line.  If you cross upgraded, it may create problems.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.