Get the myAT&T app
Italianlady69's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Sunday, October 11th, 2015 7:08 PM

LIFELINE PHONE

Hello

about 2 months ago, I applied for a AT&T Lifeline wireless phone . I proceeded to ask questions about this being a FREE phone. It was stated to me. Everything is free . I received a text message on my Free phone that stated "to keep service activated a phone call at least every 60 days should be made. Then learning and getting familiar with the phone and its services a message shows active till Aug25th. What? I thought it was active idefinitely. So with this being said my AT&T free phone is turned off. This is unacceptable because gentleman giving away phones said NO money involved. And Obama wanted everyone to have a way to contact people. for Emergencies ,simple calls etc.

I live in California..Never received message phone will be disconnected

Thank You

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Link to information. https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB102577

The phone is free, the service is discounted, NOT free.  Please contact ATT to set up service again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This looks like the right page

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008768

yet the links on this page to the wireless lifeline description do not work.  (too many redirects).

http://www.wireless.att.com/about/community-support/lifeline-link-up.jsp

The same link shows up on several other pages. including the one for pid=22888.

I tried calling up and telling the customer service agent to report this issue.   I might as well as been speaking in klingon.    They didn't seem to get it.  and worse.   3 times I got transferred to the disability department which is closed on the weekend.    Even when (the last time) I said  please make sure the department is open first BEFORE transferring the call.   Once again ATT service training shows why they are losing business.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Both links worked fine on my tablet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi, I was recently told by a ATT rep, the government ended the Lifeline program. A Lifeline rep told me, ATT has disassociated itself from Lifeline. Either way, I had to cancel my phone service with ATT or pay $40/mo. My situation, my wife is on a oxygen concentrator machine and is trying to get on a lung transplant list. I've had quad by-pass heart surgery, 61 yo, deaf in one ear, have no pension. It would be great working a regular job again but with my wife's condition.....for now, I mow lawns, my cardio exercise but only have 6 lawns, $2000 to $3000/year. We do have a Safelink phone, just one.

Leo

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@leothelion 

Safelink is lifeline.  And one phone is all a household is allowed.  It runs separately, but uses At&t towers in many states.  (See the fine print in the link)

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enrollment/Safelink/en/Web/www/default/index.html?msclkid=55d015b5eff014e0ca6e491572bd47b8#!/newHome?promocode=WASL424

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

I do not have ATT&T Services I did previously have AT&T Internet for Low Income/Senior Citizens But I proceeded to close this account and went back to Comcast. I no longer have this ATT acct or any AT&T Services.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

This email from AT&T shows my user name ,in parenthesis
it shows "Teacher" What does the word "Teacher" refer to?Please explain?
This account no longer applies to me Thank You

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Italianlady69 wrote:
This email from AT&T shows my user name ,in parenthesis
it shows "Teacher" What does the word "Teacher" refer to?Please explain?
This account no longer applies to me Thank You

It is a forum assigned designation based on the number of posts you have. It doesn’t really mean anything.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.