Is there a way to block one number for free?

pyc
Teacher

Is there a way to block one number for free?

Is there a way  to block one number for free?I do not want to pay for a monthly service but I am getting harrasing calls from 1 specific number.

Message 1 of 22 (262,381 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Is there a way to block one number for free?

It may be that these people are just making up numbers for u guys. Maybe transposing a couple of their numbers. I would answer, tell them they have the wrong number and if the calls don't stop ask for a supervisor. If it still doesn't stop tell them u are going to report them to the proper authorities.

U can also look in ur app store for app that blocks the calls. I know they have them.

Good luck!!!!
Message 16 of 22 (139,940 Views)
Contributor

I agree! With what I already pay each month for the services I have I shouldn't need to pay extra to be able to block a harassing number!

Message 17 of 22 (138,362 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

The iOS 7 blocking is nice, but it's useless in cases where the phone scammer uses different spoofed caller ID phone numbers every time.

Personally, I do believe that AT&T is somehow responsible for this. These calls started as soon as I quit my AT&T service at the exact same time they started blasting me with snail-mail and email marketing campaigns urging me to come back to AT&T. Clearly they leveraged some marketing partner that failed to properly secure my private data.

Message 18 of 22 (116,164 Views)
Contributor

There out to be a FREE way to do this.  AT&T, you're nickling and diming your customers.  There are plenty of competiton out there!

Message 19 of 22 (116,056 Views)
Contributor

Download the app "Mr. Number".  It is a free app that blocks calls and texts.  You must have the app running for it to work though.  When a blocked number calls, it rings for maybe one second and then a little box pops up saying this call was blocked by Mr. Number.

Hope this helps!

Message 20 of 22 (110,013 Views)
Contributor

one of the problems is, you complain to the do not call a million times, then the creeps call you from another number, so apparently they've been contacted, but they change the number, so you'll end up getting calls from one of their other numbers. 

It stinks....I figured I'd go call them from a phone box, but try and find one!

Message 21 of 22 (107,129 Views)
Administrator
Solution
Accepted by davidbk (Administrator)
‎11-19-2015 9:08 AM

You can learn more about how some devices can block calls and texts from specified numbers or even from unknown numbers at: Blocking calls and messages.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 22 of 22 (34,579 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.