Explore & discover

Helpful Links

.International travel

Contributor

.International travel

I have a $45 prepaid plan and will be travelling to Canada for 5 weeks. I just want to have clarification on how much talk, text and data I can use while I am there so that I won't incure any  additional charges. Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎12-13-2017 6:34 PM

Re: .International travel

There will not be any extra charges. Your plan covers usage in Canada. Calls, texts and data.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
Contributor

.International travel

Thank you, I just wondered if there was a maximum I could use. I seem to remember seeing something about if you use more than 50% of your monthly usage.
Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by srmait
‎12-13-2017 6:42 PM

It can’t be more than 50% over a 3 month period. If you are there for 5 weeks, probably no problem.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 10
Contributor

When you purchase a SIM card in Vietnam, it offers to use both numbers, and I selected both numbers. Will that be a problem? And will you then ALSO charge me for international plan even though I’m using a local SIM card?

Message 5 of 10
Contributor

I have a $45 prepaid plan and will be travelling to Japan  for 5 weeks. Now I can’t receive any massages from USA, 

Message 6 of 10
Contributor

I have a $45 prepaid plan and will be travelling to Japan  for 5 weeks. Now I can’t receive any massages from USA, it shows no service. What should I do?

Message 7 of 10
ACE - Sage

@Margot49

Prepaid only roams in canada and mexico.  You have no service.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 8 of 10
Contributor

Thank you for your reply! If I want to receive texts in Japan, how should I do? Can I change plan by online?
Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

@Margot49 Sorry, no, you can’t change to a postpaid plan from Japan. The only way for you to receive texts is to get a local SIM card if your phone is unlocked. That local SIM card, of course, would have a Japanese number.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support