For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
srmait's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 12:51 AM

How much talk, text and data I can use, on my international travel?

I have a $45 prepaid plan and will be travelling to Canada for 5 weeks. I just want to have clarification on how much talk, text and data I can use while I am there so that I won't incure any  additional charges. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

There will not be any extra charges. Your plan covers usage in Canada. Calls, texts and data.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

It can’t be more than 50% over a 3 month period. If you are there for 5 weeks, probably no problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, I just wondered if there was a maximum I could use. I seem to remember seeing something about if you use more than 50% of your monthly usage.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When you purchase a SIM card in Vietnam, it offers to use both numbers, and I selected both numbers. Will that be a problem? And will you then ALSO charge me for international plan even though I’m using a local SIM card?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have a $45 prepaid plan and will be travelling to Japan  for 5 weeks. Now I can’t receive any massages from USA, 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have a $45 prepaid plan and will be travelling to Japan  for 5 weeks. Now I can’t receive any massages from USA, it shows no service. What should I do?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Margot49

Prepaid only roams in canada and mexico.  You have no service.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your reply! If I want to receive texts in Japan, how should I do? Can I change plan by online?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Margot49 Sorry, no, you can’t change to a postpaid plan from Japan. The only way for you to receive texts is to get a local SIM card if your phone is unlocked. That local SIM card, of course, would have a Japanese number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.