Explore & discover

Helpful Links

International roaming add-on for prepaid?

Contributor

International roaming add-on for prepaid?

Hi! Can you add an international roaming option to prepaid? I purchased the $5 International Long Distance Add-On for my line, but I am currently in Brazil and still have no service. Thank you

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by andreviana
‎05-22-2018 6:12 PM

Re: International roaming add-on for prepaid?

Sorry, no. Prepaid service does not support international roaming other than Canada and Mexico. Your prepaid service will not work in Brazil. There is no international roaming add-on. The add-on you bought is for calls from the IS. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Sage

Difference between international roaming and long distance

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1044596

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Thank you for the quick and thorough answer! Guess I'll have to switch back to a regular subscription plan like I had in the past... it worked! 🙂

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Can you guide me how you switched back to regular while you're in Brasil?

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Sage

@kxa5111

You cant.  It requires a new SIM card for postpaid, and porting your number.  Can’t be done while your out of the US.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support