Get the myAT&T app
Justanother's profile

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 4:06 PM

International calling plan?

I have looked around but can't find a feature that allows international calling at a lower rate, is there one? I have friends and relatives in Europe and would like to beable to call them when on the road without needing wifi for skype. Does AT&T only offer international texting plans? My verizon plan had the international one. If they don't where can i find a break down of international rates? 

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@b12201 wrote:

FYI: Military members if your spouse is stationed overseas don't allow them to call you because ATT charges you international rates for incoming calls not just outgoing....that's their policy. I am about to cancel my plan being a military member with a family because basically you are telling me I can't have my husband call me without me having a ridiculous phone bill....thanks for supporting our troops ATT!!!

You don't get charged for incoming calls, regardless of the location of the call's origin (domestic or foreign).  At most, it will just cost you voice minutes.  Unless they are calling you collect or something (which I don't suspect this is the case).  If you are in fact getting charged for incoming long distance call, call AT&T to fix this, as this is likely some kind of billing error.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

My wife and I both have iPhones.  (I also own an unlocked Android for prepaid SIMs).  One of the nice side features as Apple's iMessaging and Facetalk Audio which let you communicate using data only which reduces the price of things.  My brother lives in Australia and his family has iPhones as well and we can communicate (over data) wtihout any regard to international anything and the data consumption doesn't really move the needle.  We are unlimited (with the 5 gig softcap) and even streaming music, Maps (Google/Apple), Siri, and more we don't go over.  

While I generally try to reframe from talking about third party services on a company forum, I can't help but think that TMobile's new offerings are going to force ATT to get even more agressive with their new international offerings.  

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

@stufried wrote:

While I generally try to reframe from talking about third party services on a company forum, I can't help but think that TMobile's new offerings are going to force ATT to get even more agressive with their new international offerings.  

They have made me take a look.  I already ported one line over to try it out.  If AT&T can offer more competetive roaming rates I might come back. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.