If I upgrade my phone, will my plan change?

Contributor

If I upgrade my phone, will my plan change?

I got my first iPhone at AT&T back in 2009 (A 3Gs). Back then AT&T had unlimited data for a reasonable price so I went with that plan. I've upgraded a couple times since then and now have a 4s. My question is, since I'm grandfathered into unlimited data, if I upgrade my phone to an iPhone 5s, will AT&T take away my unlimited data? I like my plan the way it is... I went through the process of upgrading online, but got a little spooked when I saw the fine print that said something to the effect of "There is a possibility that certain features may be removed, you can review changes after your order is complete" Well, AT&T, I insist that I know what I'm potentially losing before my order is made. Please and thank you.
Message 1 of 3 (2,008 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: If I upgrade my phone, will my plan change?

enddescency wrote:
I got my first iPhone at AT&T back in 2009 (A 3Gs). Back then AT&T had unlimited data for a reasonable price so I went with that plan. I've upgraded a couple times since then and now have a 4s. My question is, since I'm grandfathered into unlimited data, if I upgrade my phone to an iPhone 5s, will AT&T take away my unlimited data? I like my plan the way it is... I went through the process of upgrading online, but got a little spooked when I saw the fine print that said something to the effect of "There is a possibility that certain features may be removed, you can review changes after your order is complete" Well, AT&T, I insist that I know what I'm potentially losing before my order is made. Please and thank you.

You will not lose the grandfathered unlimited data plan just because you upgrade to an iPhone 5s.  It is very easy to make a mistake when ordering online, so it might be to your advantage to walk into an AT&T corporate store (not an authorized reseller) and perform your upgrade there.  Make sure the agent understands your desires.  Also make sure to read your receipts and make sure that you understand everything on it, and that the unlimited plan is still there.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (1,939 Views)
Scholar

Re: If I upgrade my phone, will my plan change?

When you go into corporate store, they are most likely try to convince you to remove your unlimited data plan. So, you might be better off to do it outside of the corporate store.
Message 3 of 3 (1,901 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.