For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
libbylab's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 7:19 PM

I keep getting updates for applications that I don't want

How do I uninstall FamilyMap and ATT Radio? I"ve tried pulling them down to the trash without success. The upgrades, although manual, clog up my phone, and I DON'T WANT THEM? I can't find an answer on this site. I hope I don't have to do something highly technical. I simply do not want anymore upgrades to a program (or six) that I don't use. Thanks for help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

You can't delete apps that come pre loaded on the device

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

Hi, Im not sure how your phone is setup but each android phone have a option to select application...click on application and go to manage application. From there click on the app you would like to remove. I hope this helps or contact customer support for additional assistance.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I've tried that and these seem to be 'undeletable' ATT applications.... I have a Samsung captivate android, with up to date OS.

Guru

• 

552 Messages

12 years ago

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-installed_software#Craplets

If it's an Android phone and you know how to root it you can install Titanium Backuo and use the Bloatware Melter.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@libbylab wrote:

How do I uninstall FamilyMap and ATT Radio? I"ve tried pulling them down to the trash without success. The upgrades, although manual, clog up my phone, and I DON'T WANT THEM? I can't find an answer on this site. I hope I don't have to do something highly technical. I simply do not want anymore upgrades to a program (or six) that I don't use. Thanks for help.

I'm sorry but these pre-loaded apps cannot be removed from the phone. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks, JFiz. IS there any way to prevent all the updates for apps I don't use?

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Misinformation. Deleting bloatware IS entirely possible. HOWEVER, you have to be rooted to do so, which will void your warranty.

Many apps have settings within them that allow you to turn off auto updates. Also, there is oftentimes an option in the Play Market.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Yeah if you root you can, but were not talking about breaking your warranty to delete apps. If you are aware of rooting and the benefits and downsides you wouldn't be here asking about this.

The stock OS prevents you from deleting them.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.