For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
sunico10's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 9:55 PM

How to request Passport service when traveling abroad? Not the charge-per-day option.

To whom it may concern,

I have been a very loyal AT&T customer for many years, where one of the most important reason was the ease of international services, such as roaming.  I have been a frequent user of your Passport programs when I travel overseas.  But recently, whenever I try to apply for one of the Passport services, AT&T system tries to force me to use a daily-charge roaming service.  In the past 6 months, I faced this situation about 3 times where I spent about 3-4 hours each time, trying to get the Passport service (i.e. fixed monthly fee for data roaming service).  It has frustrated me enough to consider switching all family mobile phones and the internet-tv-phone service at home.

If it is me that is not navigating the AT&T site or myAT&T app, then please let me know how I am supposed to activate Passport data roaming service.  Otherwise, please fix the system so I do not automatically get recommendation for the charge-per-day data roaming service.  I have gotten to the point of frustration that I will switch carriers if I face this problem again.

Sun  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

There is an issue with ATT's website. You can add a passport plan through the My ATT app. If you use the website, there is a workaround. When it asks you where you are traveling to, select a country not covered by the daily plan (like Afghanistan). You will then have the option of picking a passport plan. You can also call 611 and have customer support add it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

As @sandblaster wrote you can easily find passport using the My ATT app.  It's listed a few lines under the day pass. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.