Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 17, 2008
12:12:53 AM
View profile
Help with international roaming w/ GoPhone
Hello guys~

Before I left L.A. for the holidays here in the Philippines, i already called the customer service for them to activate my international roaming services for my go phone and they said it's already activated. I'm now here in the Philippines and i cant use my AT&T. Seems like the roaming services that i requested wasn't activated. i cant contact the customer support via email coz i don't know my 4 digit pin. how can i retrieve my 4 digit pin without it being sent thru my number since im not on roaming. and can i still activate my roaming even if im already here in the Philippines? thank you~
Hello guys~

Before I left L.A. for the holidays here in the Philippines, i already called the customer service for them to activate my international roaming services for my go phone and they said it's already activated. I'm now here in the Philippines and i cant use my AT&T. Seems like the roaming services that i requested wasn't activated. i cant contact the customer support via email coz i don't know my 4 digit pin. how can i retrieve my 4 digit pin without it being sent thru my number since im not on roaming. and can i still activate my roaming even if im already here in the Philippines? thank you~
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 17, 2008 6:53:44 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by DWC1 on Dec 17, 2008 at 6:54:45 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but GoPhones are only permitted to roam in Mexico.  Roaming in all other countries can only be done on a regular post paid account.

Customer care: While overseas you can reach AT&T International Wireless Care in the US from your handset at +1-916-843-4685.  If your cell phone is not working and you need help call them from a landline.  If you are already overseas and your phone does not work the only recourse is to call International Care from a land line at +1-916-843-4685. They will usually be happy to call you back. http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international

Message Edited by DWC1 on 12-17-2008 06:54:45 AM
Accepted Solution

Help with international roaming w/ GoPhone

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 17, 2008 6:53:44 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by DWC1 on Dec 17, 2008 at 6:54:45 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but GoPhones are only permitted to roam in Mexico.  Roaming in all other countries can only be done on a regular post paid account.

Customer care: While overseas you can reach AT&T International Wireless Care in the US from your handset at +1-916-843-4685.  If your cell phone is not working and you need help call them from a landline.  If you are already overseas and your phone does not work the only recourse is to call International Care from a land line at +1-916-843-4685. They will usually be happy to call you back. http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international

Re: Help with international roaming w/ GoPhone

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (19,283 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2008 7:34:34 AM
(0)
Master

It's probably cheaper for you to buy and use a local go-phone while you're in the Phillippines than to use roaming.

Roaming costs can range from $1 to over $3 per minute.

If you're calling home to the US, you could try to do it from a landline. Should be much cheaper than roaming.

It's probably cheaper for you to buy and use a local go-phone while you're in the Phillippines than to use roaming.

Roaming costs can range from $1 to over $3 per minute.

If you're calling home to the US, you could try to do it from a landline. Should be much cheaper than roaming.

Posted from my Samsung Captivate

3 of 5 (19,277 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2008 6:46:12 PM
(0)
Professor

Avy03 wrote:
Hello guys~

If your phone is triband 900/1800/1900 or quadband 850/900/1800/1900 and unlocked then the cheapest , fastest and easiest to get wireless service is to buy sim card from any of the service providers listed below.

===Mobile Phones===

* Globe Telecoms¹: 905, 906, 915, 916, 917, 926, 927
* Smart Communications²: 907, 908, 909, 910, 918, 919, 920, 921, 928, 929
* Sun Cellular: 922, 923
* Red Mobile~: 938
¹: Includes Globe Gizmo (postpaid/prepaid), Globe Handyphone (postpaid/prepaid), Globe Platinum (postpaid) and Touch Mobile (prepaid)<br>
²: Includes Addict Mobile (postpaid/prepaid), Smart Buddy (prepaid), Smart Gold (postpaid), Smart Infinity (postpaid), Smart Kid (postpaid/prepaid), and Talk 'N Text (prepaid)

~ Red mobile is under the brand of CURE, Subsidiary of smart communications.
you can buy them from almost any corner stores. They are already activated and comes with phone numbers and loaded with credit to make calls and sms as well. all you have to do is insert the sim in your phone and presto you got yourself a prepaid phone service.

good luck.

Avy03 wrote:
Hello guys~

If your phone is triband 900/1800/1900 or quadband 850/900/1800/1900 and unlocked then the cheapest , fastest and easiest to get wireless service is to buy sim card from any of the service providers listed below.

===Mobile Phones===

* Globe Telecoms¹: 905, 906, 915, 916, 917, 926, 927
* Smart Communications²: 907, 908, 909, 910, 918, 919, 920, 921, 928, 929
* Sun Cellular: 922, 923
* Red Mobile~: 938
¹: Includes Globe Gizmo (postpaid/prepaid), Globe Handyphone (postpaid/prepaid), Globe Platinum (postpaid) and Touch Mobile (prepaid)<br>
²: Includes Addict Mobile (postpaid/prepaid), Smart Buddy (prepaid), Smart Gold (postpaid), Smart Infinity (postpaid), Smart Kid (postpaid/prepaid), and Talk 'N Text (prepaid)

~ Red mobile is under the brand of CURE, Subsidiary of smart communications.
you can buy them from almost any corner stores. They are already activated and comes with phone numbers and loaded with credit to make calls and sms as well. all you have to do is insert the sim in your phone and presto you got yourself a prepaid phone service.

good luck.

4 of 5 (19,148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2008 6:43:27 PM
(0)
Contributor
aww.. then my load on go phone would just expire.. Smiley Sad that's what i did, i bought a globe prepaid simcard for me to use.. thank you guys for replying to my post Smiley Happy
aww.. then my load on go phone would just expire.. Smiley Sad that's what i did, i bought a globe prepaid simcard for me to use.. thank you guys for replying to my post Smiley Happy

5 of 5 (19,122 Views)