For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
1toppro's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, September 24th, 2013 9:08 PM

***HERE'S THE FIX*** Family Map Issues on iPhone 5?

1.  Go to Settings

2.  Click on Cellular

3.  Turn OFF LTE

Turn off your phone for 4 or more minutes (so it refreshes, which happens about every 2 1/2 mins.

WHALA - IT SHOULD NOW WORK!   Mine did - 5 times in a row!!!!

I learned this on THIS forum - from a one line post - after SEVEN HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH ATT over an 8 day span and being told that there is no known fix EVERYTIME (I have spoken to 4 customer rep's, 3 supervisors, one manager and one department head) - NONE of them knew how to fix this, but a simple one line post by Nikki_B resolved my problem.    Thank you Nikki_B !!!!  

TURN OFF LTE !

ARE YOU LISTENING ATT????   

TURN OFF LTE !

NOW - PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM, but at least this is a workaround until your engineers can figure it out - Maybe you should hire Nikki_B !   She obviously is smarter than the average ATT customer rep, supervisor, manager or department head!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

that is a known work around for this, it is NOT a fix, a fix would not require you to turn off one of the main reason why you bought the Iphone 5. Personally I want my LTE speeds more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Wow.  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

****TEMPORARY**** FIX is what I should have said.   It's only been a year+ - how long does it take ATT engineers to correct this issue - either way I'm being cheated - either LTE speeds or no functionality for my Family Mapping because ATT, the biggest communications conglomerate in the world, cannot figure out the TRUE FIX for this issue.  But that doesn't stop them from taking our money every month does it?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

ATT clearly has no clue and doesn't know how to fix this ... this could have been a valuable app but it is now not worth being charged for it by ATT... you should be ashamed, ATT. Very disappointing. I am canceling the service!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Same problem here. Turned off LTE to test it and I was immediately able to locate the phone. I am NOT going to turn off LTE to work around this bug. I AM going to get a credit every month that the feature is broken.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

What is the net results of disabling LTE? Slow streaming? No talking and surfing at the same time? Since there are almost no true 4G on this whole network, How is LTE beneficial?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.