For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Zydan000's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 4th, 2017 3:29 PM

Grandfathered vs Unlimitted Plus Price Difference and Discounts

This is for anyone thinking about making the switch, just know that if you get any enterprise discounts for working for a company such as Chase or Bank of America, etc... that 22% or whatever discount you get doesn't work on the Unlimited plus plan.  I found out the hard way.  Where my bill should have been the same or maybe even a little less for switching to unlimited plus it ended up being about $40 more because the unlimited plus doesn't qualify for any employer discounts.  It was very difficult for me to get them to switch me back, but they were able to put me back on the old Grandfathered plan.  Just something to think about if you're thinking of making the switch, the person that sold me on it and had me switch didn't mention that when he convinced me to move to the new plan.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

Prior to moving from the grandfathered unlimited plan to the new unlimited plan read up on the requirements. When I got to the ATT Corp store in Winter Haven FL to change the plan the sales rep said that the only discount was military/veteran discount which I was eligible for. Guess I got the well informed rep. I changed due to the $25.00 video discount and free HBO. Read that quite a few individuals were misinformed on the FAN discount eligibility. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Zydan000 Come here before you make the switch next time and we can help you with the pros/cons. This has been talked about many time in these forums (even before the plan came out).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My very old att plan allowed me a substantial discount when I purchased a new iPhone at the Apple store and renewed a 2-year agreement with the carrier. 

Can I do the same with an iPhone X or 8? 

I could with an iPhone 7 purchase...(when that phone came out)...but only if I purchased at the Apple store.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.