Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 25, 2012
7:40:48 AM
View profile
Family map not able to locate iPhone 5!!!

Please help!  The family map service is giving a message of "not able to locate" one of the numbers on my plan.. . It is an iphone 5 and we were able to locate this number before the phone/software upgrade.  The phone is on and in clear range.  It seems like a glitch with the new iPhone software.  Is there a fix out there? 

Thanks in advance!

Please help!  The family map service is giving a message of "not able to locate" one of the numbers on my plan.. . It is an iphone 5 and we were able to locate this number before the phone/software upgrade.  The phone is on and in clear range.  It seems like a glitch with the new iPhone software.  Is there a fix out there? 

Thanks in advance!

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 2, 2014 7:12:58 AM
(1)
Employee

PDG170 wrote:

Ok, here it is:  Family Map Does NOT like LTE.  On the phone(s) you are trying to find, You will need to turn off LTE via Settings, Cellular, Enable LTE, switch to Off.

Trade off is not able to benefit from LTE

It seems this has been an issue for a while, at least since iP5 phones were released.

AT&T should really fix this bug, or give users a refund and let them use it for free until resolved.

Hi there,

Previously you needed to have the Check-In companion app installed on iPhone 5 in order to locate due to LTE, however, with the release of FamilyMap v2.0 or higher you no longer need the companion app and should uninstall it.  

For all iPhones you are trying to locate on your FamilyMap account, here are a few things you can do to ensure you can successfully locate your family member:

1. Uninstall the Check-In companion app if you have it
  2. Install the latest version of the app: FamilyMap (version 2.2)
  3. Open up the app and make sure the family member leaves it running in the background (battery usage is small)
  4. Ensure Location Services are enabled on the family member's device
  5. Try and location - you should be good to go at this point

If you still can't locate the family member device, there are a few reasons this may occur:

• The family member device didn't register correctly - unfortunately the registration flow for iPhones can be a bit tricky due to the constraints in the iPhone operating system.
  • When a locate request fails, you should get a message of some sort with a link to improve locates (it varies based on whether you used the web or a mobile device) or a message to 'invite' family members to 'join' the family. 
  • If you see the option to 'invite' your family member, tap the link and it will trigger a series of SMS to the family member's device, with instructions to them to 'Join' the family.  It's important that they complete the process or the device will not register with the FamilyMap services.  It isn't as customer friendly as we would like but as I commented earlier, it's a constraint of the device operating system.

Please let me know if this solves the problem; if not we will dig deeper to see what might be happening.

Thanks,

~AT&T FamilyMap Team

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Family map not able to locate iPhone 5!!!

105 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(105)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2014 6:06:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

What is the net effect when you disable LTE? Can you still stream adequately? Can you have a call open and still surf the web?  What exactly does that setting provide?

What is the net effect when you disable LTE? Can you still stream adequately? Can you have a call open and still surf the web?  What exactly does that setting provide?

Re: Family map not able to locate iPhone 5!!!

91 of 106 (1,641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2014 2:00:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just don't get it.....I was able to locate the iPhone 5 for both family members' last night but today, neither one can be located. It can't be a service area problem because one of the iPhones I attempted to locate was in the exact same location both last night and today ---- in my home, in my son's bedroom. He has the Family Map app, his phone is on and Location Services is on as well. 

I REALLY wish AT&T would fix this problem. 

I just don't get it.....I was able to locate the iPhone 5 for both family members' last night but today, neither one can be located. It can't be a service area problem because one of the iPhones I attempted to locate was in the exact same location both last night and today ---- in my home, in my son's bedroom. He has the Family Map app, his phone is on and Location Services is on as well. 

I REALLY wish AT&T would fix this problem. 

92 of 106 (1,564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2014 12:56:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

This is one of the most frustrating and absurd technical issues I've ever dealt with. Like everyone else in this forum has said, Family Map worked great to locate both my teens phones -- even an iPhone 4 -- for several years. But when one upgraded to the iPhone 5s, Family Map stopped working for that phone and no amount of time spent with online tech support, in the AT&T store (and now that I've found this forum, I see that the manager there was either ignorant or lying when he said this is a totally unknown issue that no one in the world but me had ever experienced), or now looking through this forum has been able to resolve the problem. So I continue to pay for a service that's supposed to locate two phones and can only locate one, and AT&T continues to offer only "Sorry" but no solutions. I was so very hopeful after the most recent Family Map update that I would finally be able to locate the 5s, but no ... The best we can get to is this: I have to send a text asking teen to check in, and they then have to open the Family Map app on their phone and click "Check in," which sends ME a text with a link that I have to click to get their location. Developers clearly don't have a clue as to why this is a virtually USELESS workaround with teens, who will claim they didn't see the text until an hour later because their phone was on silent (giving them plenty of time to get back to where they're supposed to be), or the app malfunctioned or "accidently" got deleted off their phone, or the million other excuses that could NOT be offered when I could just locate the dang phones and get clear confirmation and history of their location. This is just really, really ridiculous ...

This is one of the most frustrating and absurd technical issues I've ever dealt with. Like everyone else in this forum has said, Family Map worked great to locate both my teens phones -- even an iPhone 4 -- for several years. But when one upgraded to the iPhone 5s, Family Map stopped working for that phone and no amount of time spent with online tech support, in the AT&T store (and now that I've found this forum, I see that the manager there was either ignorant or lying when he said this is a totally unknown issue that no one in the world but me had ever experienced), or now looking through this forum has been able to resolve the problem. So I continue to pay for a service that's supposed to locate two phones and can only locate one, and AT&T continues to offer only "Sorry" but no solutions. I was so very hopeful after the most recent Family Map update that I would finally be able to locate the 5s, but no ... The best we can get to is this: I have to send a text asking teen to check in, and they then have to open the Family Map app on their phone and click "Check in," which sends ME a text with a link that I have to click to get their location. Developers clearly don't have a clue as to why this is a virtually USELESS workaround with teens, who will claim they didn't see the text until an hour later because their phone was on silent (giving them plenty of time to get back to where they're supposed to be), or the app malfunctioned or "accidently" got deleted off their phone, or the million other excuses that could NOT be offered when I could just locate the dang phones and get clear confirmation and history of their location. This is just really, really ridiculous ...

93 of 106 (1,424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 6:18:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

This feature was awesome when it worked with iphone 4.  It was very accurate.  Now that my daughters have upgraded to iphone 5's its horrible.  It's time to cancel this option.  I would advise anyone who is upgrading to iphone 5 drop this worthless option from at&t.  They seem not to care about fixing the issue.  The problem has been known since late 2012.  I'm DONE with waiting.

This feature was awesome when it worked with iphone 4.  It was very accurate.  Now that my daughters have upgraded to iphone 5's its horrible.  It's time to cancel this option.  I would advise anyone who is upgrading to iphone 5 drop this worthless option from at&t.  They seem not to care about fixing the issue.  The problem has been known since late 2012.  I'm DONE with waiting.

94 of 106 (1,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2014 8:15:19 PM
(0)
Mentor

Well it has been 2 years now since the ATT Family Map worked correctly without the companion app.  Now the IPhone 6 is being announced for being introduced approximately September 9, 2014.   The ATT family map works on the 3, 3G, 4 and 4S without the companion app which is not and never was a fix.  Can you tell us if the ATT Family Map will work on the Iphone 6 and if the problems that developed with locating the Iphone 5 and 5s has been corrected.  As you know, the public/consumers are not happy with the "companion app" fix and want it to work as it did prior to the 5 and 5s.  Everyone has voiced their opinions so I am curious to see if they adapt it back into the Iphone 6 and give the consumers what they want.  If this app does not work as it did before the 5 and 5S, the app will now become obsolete as most people waiting for the Iphone 6 are the people with the 4S (which was the best phone Apple ever introduced).  If those 4S remaining phones upgrade to the 6 and the family map does not work, the app will then be dead!  Nice going AT&T going backward instead of forward and blaming everyone else.  Do your job techs and get it working without the stupid companion app!!!!!!

Well it has been 2 years now since the ATT Family Map worked correctly without the companion app.  Now the IPhone 6 is being announced for being introduced approximately September 9, 2014.   The ATT family map works on the 3, 3G, 4 and 4S without the companion app which is not and never was a fix.  Can you tell us if the ATT Family Map will work on the Iphone 6 and if the problems that developed with locating the Iphone 5 and 5s has been corrected.  As you know, the public/consumers are not happy with the "companion app" fix and want it to work as it did prior to the 5 and 5s.  Everyone has voiced their opinions so I am curious to see if they adapt it back into the Iphone 6 and give the consumers what they want.  If this app does not work as it did before the 5 and 5S, the app will now become obsolete as most people waiting for the Iphone 6 are the people with the 4S (which was the best phone Apple ever introduced).  If those 4S remaining phones upgrade to the 6 and the family map does not work, the app will then be dead!  Nice going AT&T going backward instead of forward and blaming everyone else.  Do your job techs and get it working without the stupid companion app!!!!!!

95 of 106 (1,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2014 5:24:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

OK.  HERE IS THE OFFICIAL UPDATE!  THE AT&T FAMILY MAP DOES NOT WORK WITH IPHONE 6 SO YOU CAN NOW CONSIDER IT A DEAD APP.   2 YEARS AGO ON SEPTEMBERE 12, 2012THE IPHONE 5 WAS RELEASED.  FROM THAT RELEASE DATE THE AT&T FAMILY MAP HAS NOT WORKED AS IT DID WITH THE RELEASE OF THE 3, 4 AND 4S.  AS EVERYONE UPGRADES THEIR PHONES TO THE 6, THE APP IS USELESS!  GOOD GOING AT&T AND THANKS FOR NOT LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

OK.  HERE IS THE OFFICIAL UPDATE!  THE AT&T FAMILY MAP DOES NOT WORK WITH IPHONE 6 SO YOU CAN NOW CONSIDER IT A DEAD APP.   2 YEARS AGO ON SEPTEMBERE 12, 2012THE IPHONE 5 WAS RELEASED.  FROM THAT RELEASE DATE THE AT&T FAMILY MAP HAS NOT WORKED AS IT DID WITH THE RELEASE OF THE 3, 4 AND 4S.  AS EVERYONE UPGRADES THEIR PHONES TO THE 6, THE APP IS USELESS!  GOOD GOING AT&T AND THANKS FOR NOT LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

96 of 106 (1,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2014 2:42:47 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by thurley on Sep 30, 2014 at 2:58:38 PM

Hi there,

This issue has been resolved and FamilyMap does work with iPhone 6; sometimes new devices don't get propagated to all of the systems in a timely manner.  This should no longer be an issue, please respond back if it is and I will work to help get it resolved.

Many apologies for the inconvenience!

~FamilyMap Team

Hi there,

This issue has been resolved and FamilyMap does work with iPhone 6; sometimes new devices don't get propagated to all of the systems in a timely manner.  This should no longer be an issue, please respond back if it is and I will work to help get it resolved.

Many apologies for the inconvenience!

~FamilyMap Team

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
97 of 106 (1,149 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 30, 2014 2:55:56 PM
(1)
Employee

Hi there,

I've recently joined the FamilyMap team and I've asked to participate in the forums to assist customers with current issues as well as determine areas for possible future enhancements to the product.

With the release of FamilyMap v2.0 a few months ago, the companion app Check-In is no longer needed.  The companion app was needed to help with locating LTE iPhones (i.e. iPhone 5) until a longer term solution could be put into place. 

FamilyMap v2.2 was released last week and included some usability enhancements, as registration on iPhones is a little tricky compared to other mobile phones, and some bug fixes.  Hopefully you will find these to be welcome changes. 

We did have an issue with the iPhone 6 release that has since been addressed, I will be watching for posts indicating if there are any issues that may not have been caught.

When using the new iPhone FamilyMap application, it's important that phones you wish to be able to locate have the application installed and the family member must 'JOIN' the family to complete registration.  Once this is done, the family member should allow FamilyMap to run in the background and location services (i.e. GPS) should be enabled).

Happy Locating! Please let me know if you have any issues or questions. Smiley Happy

~FamilyMap Team

Hi there,

I've recently joined the FamilyMap team and I've asked to participate in the forums to assist customers with current issues as well as determine areas for possible future enhancements to the product.

With the release of FamilyMap v2.0 a few months ago, the companion app Check-In is no longer needed.  The companion app was needed to help with locating LTE iPhones (i.e. iPhone 5) until a longer term solution could be put into place. 

FamilyMap v2.2 was released last week and included some usability enhancements, as registration on iPhones is a little tricky compared to other mobile phones, and some bug fixes.  Hopefully you will find these to be welcome changes. 

We did have an issue with the iPhone 6 release that has since been addressed, I will be watching for posts indicating if there are any issues that may not have been caught.

When using the new iPhone FamilyMap application, it's important that phones you wish to be able to locate have the application installed and the family member must 'JOIN' the family to complete registration.  Once this is done, the family member should allow FamilyMap to run in the background and location services (i.e. GPS) should be enabled).

Happy Locating! Please let me know if you have any issues or questions. Smiley Happy

~FamilyMap Team

98 of 106 (1,148 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2014 4:39:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ok, here it is:  Family Map Does NOT like LTE.  On the phone(s) you are trying to find, You will need to turn off LTE via Settings, Cellular, Enable LTE, switch to Off.

It seems this has been an issue for a while, at least since iP5 phones were released.

AT&T should really fix this bug, or give users a refund and let them use it for free until resolved.

99 of 106 (1,126 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 2, 2014 7:12:58 AM
(1)
Employee

PDG170 wrote:

Hi there,

Previously you needed to have the Check-In companion app installed on iPhone 5 in order to locate due to LTE, however, with the release of FamilyMap v2.0 or higher you no longer need the companion app and should uninstall it.  

For all iPhones you are trying to locate on your FamilyMap account, here are a few things you can do to ensure you can successfully locate your family member:

3. Open up the app and make sure the family member leaves it running in the background (battery usage is small)

If you still can't locate the family member device, there are a few reasons this may occur:

• The family member device didn't register correctly - unfortunately the registration flow for iPhones can be a bit tricky due to the constraints in the iPhone operating system.
  • When a locate request fails, you should get a message of some sort with a link to improve locates (it varies based on whether you used the web or a mobile device) or a message to 'invite' family members to 'join' the family. 
  • If you see the option to 'invite' your family member, tap the link and it will trigger a series of SMS to the family member's device, with instructions to them to 'Join' the family.  It's important that they complete the process or the device will not register with the FamilyMap services.  It isn't as customer friendly as we would like but as I commented earlier, it's a constraint of the device operating system.

Please let me know if this solves the problem; if not we will dig deeper to see what might be happening.

Thanks,

~AT&T FamilyMap Team

PDG170 wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks,

~AT&T FamilyMap Team

100 of 106 (1,118 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2014 1:30:46 PM
(0)
Mentor

I am glad to see that someone from tech is actually reading, responding and trying to correct the problem.  It is good to see and hear that everyone is trying to help and correct the issue.  I may have figured something out that may help the tech team.  With the original version of family map, nothing needed to be downloaded to the target phone and it worked perfectly.  The person that said it is LTE is correct.  If you enable the LTE even on the iphone 6, the phone is able to be located.  So if you have a younger child and they are not tech savy, you can simply enable the LTE and you are good to go in tracking them the old way with the app!  If you have a teenager that would never agree to being tracked, and would never download the companion app nor turn off LTE then that is where we have the problem.   I did find a way to get around this and maybe tech support can work on a fix since it is identified.  IT SEEMS LIKE LTE PUTS THE PHONE IN SLEEP MODE.  SO WHAT I DID WAS CALLED THE CELL PHONE WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY TRYING TO LOCATE IT THE OLD WAY AND GUESS WHAT IT WORKED!  SO IT SEEMS LIKE IF YOU CALL IT AND WAKE IT UP WHILE YOU ARE REQUESTING THE LOCATION ON THE FAMILY MAP APP YOU CAN LOCATE YOUR CHILD EVEN IF THE LTE IS ON AND THEY DO NOT HAVE THE COMPANION APP INSTALLED ON THEIR PHONE OR RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND.  SO MAYBE TECH SUPPORT CAN FIGURE OUT A A WAY THAT IT WORKS THE OLD WAY BY SOMEHOW WAKING UP THE PHONE THROUGH THE APP ITSELF.  BUT AT LEAST IN DESPERATE SITUATIONS, THIS IS SOMEWHAT OF A FIX THAT THEY CAN STILL BE LOCATED.  THIS IS SUCH AN IMPORTANT APP.  I HOPE YOU GUYS FIGURE IT OUT.  I LOVED WHEN I GOT TEXT MESSAGES TELLING ME THEY ARRIVED AT SCHOOL OR AT HOME WITHOUT CONSTANTLY TEXTING OR CALLING THEM. 

I am glad to see that someone from tech is actually reading, responding and trying to correct the problem.  It is good to see and hear that everyone is trying to help and correct the issue.  I may have figured something out that may help the tech team.  With the original version of family map, nothing needed to be downloaded to the target phone and it worked perfectly.  The person that said it is LTE is correct.  If you enable the LTE even on the iphone 6, the phone is able to be located.  So if you have a younger child and they are not tech savy, you can simply enable the LTE and you are good to go in tracking them the old way with the app!  If you have a teenager that would never agree to being tracked, and would never download the companion app nor turn off LTE then that is where we have the problem.   I did find a way to get around this and maybe tech support can work on a fix since it is identified.  IT SEEMS LIKE LTE PUTS THE PHONE IN SLEEP MODE.  SO WHAT I DID WAS CALLED THE CELL PHONE WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY TRYING TO LOCATE IT THE OLD WAY AND GUESS WHAT IT WORKED!  SO IT SEEMS LIKE IF YOU CALL IT AND WAKE IT UP WHILE YOU ARE REQUESTING THE LOCATION ON THE FAMILY MAP APP YOU CAN LOCATE YOUR CHILD EVEN IF THE LTE IS ON AND THEY DO NOT HAVE THE COMPANION APP INSTALLED ON THEIR PHONE OR RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND.  SO MAYBE TECH SUPPORT CAN FIGURE OUT A A WAY THAT IT WORKS THE OLD WAY BY SOMEHOW WAKING UP THE PHONE THROUGH THE APP ITSELF.  BUT AT LEAST IN DESPERATE SITUATIONS, THIS IS SOMEWHAT OF A FIX THAT THEY CAN STILL BE LOCATED.  THIS IS SUCH AN IMPORTANT APP.  I HOPE YOU GUYS FIGURE IT OUT.  I LOVED WHEN I GOT TEXT MESSAGES TELLING ME THEY ARRIVED AT SCHOOL OR AT HOME WITHOUT CONSTANTLY TEXTING OR CALLING THEM. 

101 of 106 (1,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2014 2:10:05 PM
(0)
Employee

Thank you for the additional info!  Out of curiousity, are you using iOS 8 and the new FamilyMap app on LTE?  The challenge we are currently trying to solve for, is if the child 'kills' the app instead of leaving it running in the background, it makes locating the child's device very difficult.  On non-LTE iPhones and Android this isn't a problem, but on iPhones with LTE, the app has to be running.  We're currently looking at options within iOS 8 that might help us restart the app or at least letting parents know that the child device doesn't have the app running.

Have a good one!

~The AT&T FamilyMap team

Thank you for the additional info!  Out of curiousity, are you using iOS 8 and the new FamilyMap app on LTE?  The challenge we are currently trying to solve for, is if the child 'kills' the app instead of leaving it running in the background, it makes locating the child's device very difficult.  On non-LTE iPhones and Android this isn't a problem, but on iPhones with LTE, the app has to be running.  We're currently looking at options within iOS 8 that might help us restart the app or at least letting parents know that the child device doesn't have the app running.

Have a good one!

~The AT&T FamilyMap team

102 of 106 (1,062 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2014 6:53:29 PM
(0)
Mentor

THE IPHONE 6 I AM TRACKING IS USING IOS8 WITH LTE TURNED ON AND DOES NOT HAVE THE FAMILY APP ON IT NOR THE COMPANION APP.  I HAVE THE ORIGINAL APP ON MY 4S NEVER UPDATED IT AND IT STILL WORKS PERFECTLY ON TRACKING MY OTHER CHILD'S 4S.  THE PROBLEM SEEMED TO ARISE WHEN 5 CAME OUT AND IT IS MOST DEFINITELY THE LTE.   IT SEEMS LIKE IT KEEPS THE PHONE IN SLEEP MODE UNTIL YOU RING THE PHONE.  I TRIED IT WITH A TEXT AND THAT DOES NOT WAKE THE PHONE UP.  ONLY WHEN THEY ARE ON THEIR PHONE YOU CAN TRACK THEM THE OLD WAY.  THE ORIGINAL APP DID NOT NEED ANY APP INSTALLED ON THE TARGET PHONE AT ALL.  THE KIDS SIMPLY GET A TEXT MESSAGE EVERY MONTH STATING THAT THEIR PHONE CAN BE FOLLOWED BY MY NUMBER AND THATS IT AS I AM THE ACCOUNT HOLDER.  THEY NEVER EVEN BRING IT UP TO ME AND HAVE NO CONTROL OVER STOPPING IT AS NOTHING IS INSTALLED ON THEIR PHONES.  AT LEAST IN AN EMERGENCY, I CAN LOCATE THE PHONE BY CALLING IT AND WAKING IT UP TO GET THE LOCATION.  MAYBE THIS WILL HELP THE TECHNICAL TEAM FIGURE IT OUT.    THANKS FOR RESPONDING.

THE IPHONE 6 I AM TRACKING IS USING IOS8 WITH LTE TURNED ON AND DOES NOT HAVE THE FAMILY APP ON IT NOR THE COMPANION APP.  I HAVE THE ORIGINAL APP ON MY 4S NEVER UPDATED IT AND IT STILL WORKS PERFECTLY ON TRACKING MY OTHER CHILD'S 4S.  THE PROBLEM SEEMED TO ARISE WHEN 5 CAME OUT AND IT IS MOST DEFINITELY THE LTE.   IT SEEMS LIKE IT KEEPS THE PHONE IN SLEEP MODE UNTIL YOU RING THE PHONE.  I TRIED IT WITH A TEXT AND THAT DOES NOT WAKE THE PHONE UP.  ONLY WHEN THEY ARE ON THEIR PHONE YOU CAN TRACK THEM THE OLD WAY.  THE ORIGINAL APP DID NOT NEED ANY APP INSTALLED ON THE TARGET PHONE AT ALL.  THE KIDS SIMPLY GET A TEXT MESSAGE EVERY MONTH STATING THAT THEIR PHONE CAN BE FOLLOWED BY MY NUMBER AND THATS IT AS I AM THE ACCOUNT HOLDER.  THEY NEVER EVEN BRING IT UP TO ME AND HAVE NO CONTROL OVER STOPPING IT AS NOTHING IS INSTALLED ON THEIR PHONES.  AT LEAST IN AN EMERGENCY, I CAN LOCATE THE PHONE BY CALLING IT AND WAKING IT UP TO GET THE LOCATION.  MAYBE THIS WILL HELP THE TECHNICAL TEAM FIGURE IT OUT.    THANKS FOR RESPONDING.

103 of 106 (1,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2015 1:26:59 AM
(0)
Mentor
I cannot believe that your technical team still has not come up with a solution. First of all the original app was only installed on the persons pho e that was doing the tracking and worked perfectly. No target phone needed a companion app, check in app or needed to "join the family" or have the app running in the background. The parent had the app and that was it. I still only have the app and ever since iPhone 5 and 6 came out the trouble began. If the LTE is enabled on the target phone I can track the target phone the same old way. If the LTE is turned on, that is where the problem arises. However, a bandaid fix in an emergency is that I call the target phone while simultaneously tracking it and it works. So it seems like the phone call wakes up the phone on the LTE network and allows it to be tracked in that brief time period you make contact. Even if the child does not answer the phone and it is ringing you can still get a location. And this is being done on IOS8 with the app only on my phone - the original way. So if I can figure out this bandaid alternate Wat to at least get a location, why can't att figure the fix. It has to do with LTE so fix it already!
I cannot believe that your technical team still has not come up with a solution. First of all the original app was only installed on the persons pho e that was doing the tracking and worked perfectly. No target phone needed a companion app, check in app or needed to "join the family" or have the app running in the background. The parent had the app and that was it. I still only have the app and ever since iPhone 5 and 6 came out the trouble began. If the LTE is enabled on the target phone I can track the target phone the same old way. If the LTE is turned on, that is where the problem arises. However, a bandaid fix in an emergency is that I call the target phone while simultaneously tracking it and it works. So it seems like the phone call wakes up the phone on the LTE network and allows it to be tracked in that brief time period you make contact. Even if the child does not answer the phone and it is ringing you can still get a location. And this is being done on IOS8 with the app only on my phone - the original way. So if I can figure out this bandaid alternate Wat to at least get a location, why can't att figure the fix. It has to do with LTE so fix it already!

I cannot believe that your technical team still has not c...

104 of 106 (620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2016 5:14:10 AM
(0)
Contributor
My family map is still not working and he has installed the app and is logged in
My family map is still not working and he has installed the app and is logged in

105 of 106 (66 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2016 6:59:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

FM stopped working around the 1st of April.  Is this a joke?

FM stopped working around the 1st of April.  Is this a joke?

106 of 106 (59 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments