Get the myAT&T app
Riamia1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 2:40 PM

Family map not able to locate iPhone 5!!!

Please help!  The family map service is giving a message of "not able to locate" one of the numbers on my plan.. . It is an iphone 5 and we were able to locate this number before the phone/software upgrade.  The phone is on and in clear range.  It seems like a glitch with the new iPhone software.  Is there a fix out there? 

Thanks in advance!

Employee

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the additional info!  Out of curiousity, are you using iOS 8 and the new FamilyMap app on LTE?  The challenge we are currently trying to solve for, is if the child 'kills' the app instead of leaving it running in the background, it makes locating the child's device very difficult.  On non-LTE iPhones and Android this isn't a problem, but on iPhones with LTE, the app has to be running.  We're currently looking at options within iOS 8 that might help us restart the app or at least letting parents know that the child device doesn't have the app running.

Have a good one!

~The AT&T FamilyMap team

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

THE IPHONE 6 I AM TRACKING IS USING IOS8 WITH LTE TURNED ON AND DOES NOT HAVE THE FAMILY APP ON IT NOR THE COMPANION APP.  I HAVE THE ORIGINAL APP ON MY 4S NEVER UPDATED IT AND IT STILL WORKS PERFECTLY ON TRACKING MY OTHER CHILD'S 4S.  THE PROBLEM SEEMED TO ARISE WHEN 5 CAME OUT AND IT IS MOST DEFINITELY THE LTE.   IT SEEMS LIKE IT KEEPS THE PHONE IN SLEEP MODE UNTIL YOU RING THE PHONE.  I TRIED IT WITH A TEXT AND THAT DOES NOT WAKE THE PHONE UP.  ONLY WHEN THEY ARE ON THEIR PHONE YOU CAN TRACK THEM THE OLD WAY.  THE ORIGINAL APP DID NOT NEED ANY APP INSTALLED ON THE TARGET PHONE AT ALL.  THE KIDS SIMPLY GET A TEXT MESSAGE EVERY MONTH STATING THAT THEIR PHONE CAN BE FOLLOWED BY MY NUMBER AND THATS IT AS I AM THE ACCOUNT HOLDER.  THEY NEVER EVEN BRING IT UP TO ME AND HAVE NO CONTROL OVER STOPPING IT AS NOTHING IS INSTALLED ON THEIR PHONES.  AT LEAST IN AN EMERGENCY, I CAN LOCATE THE PHONE BY CALLING IT AND WAKING IT UP TO GET THE LOCATION.  MAYBE THIS WILL HELP THE TECHNICAL TEAM FIGURE IT OUT.    THANKS FOR RESPONDING.

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

I cannot believe that your technical team still has not come up with a solution. First of all the original app was only installed on the persons pho e that was doing the tracking and worked perfectly. No target phone needed a companion app, check in app or needed to "join the family" or have the app running in the background. The parent had the app and that was it. I still only have the app and ever since iPhone 5 and 6 came out the trouble began. If the LTE is enabled on the target phone I can track the target phone the same old way. If the LTE is turned on, that is where the problem arises. However, a bandaid fix in an emergency is that I call the target phone while simultaneously tracking it and it works. So it seems like the phone call wakes up the phone on the LTE network and allows it to be tracked in that brief time period you make contact. Even if the child does not answer the phone and it is ringing you can still get a location. And this is being done on IOS8 with the app only on my phone - the original way. So if I can figure out this bandaid alternate Wat to at least get a location, why can't att figure the fix. It has to do with LTE so fix it already!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My family map is still not working and he has installed the app and is logged in

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

FM stopped working around the 1st of April.  Is this a joke?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.