Get the myAT&T app
Riamia1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 2:40 PM

Family map not able to locate iPhone 5!!!

Please help!  The family map service is giving a message of "not able to locate" one of the numbers on my plan.. . It is an iphone 5 and we were able to locate this number before the phone/software upgrade.  The phone is on and in clear range.  It seems like a glitch with the new iPhone software.  Is there a fix out there? 

Thanks in advance!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just now canceled Family Map. It is now worthless. One of my daughters got an iphone 5 and family map no longer can find her. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I KNOW HOW TO FIX! I had same problem and was very angry about it. I looked EVERYWHERE to find the answer. AT&T won't tell you because you have to turn off the very thing they are using to sell the phone.
1 go to SETTINGS
2. TURN OFF LE

Can't remember EXACTLY. How I found LE. That allows phone to work FASTER. Who cares. If there's a PW, and you have the account, just call AT&T and tell them to get PW off that phone. Then go into SETTINGS, I think GENERAL, and switch off. Walla! Family map works! Good luck guys!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Turn off LE in settings. Works

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Other than turning of LTE, has anyone been able to use family map with iphone 5?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

no

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hello all I am in the same boat as you guys . I have been on the phone, on the ATT family map support forum and I contacted the company behind the feature and no luck no one seems to know how and why. Everytime I call I have to explain and go through the process all over, its a pain. 

I suggest you contact ATT as much as possible by the 800 number and by posting on the app forum

https://afm.support.safely.com/home

and complaint als contact the developer 

http://www.safely.com/

This sucks we should not have to turn off LTE or jump through hopes. 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Has anyone found any fix yet? Aside from turning off LTE

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

I was told that after the 5S came out, that the family map would work.  When I called after the 5S came out and it did not work, I was told once they send out the update for the 5S it would work - STILL NOT WORKING!   Naturally, no one wants to turn off LTE or go with the stupid companion map so if the phone is tracked through GPS as in Iphone 3, 3G, 4, 4S, why can it not be trackable now.  This is a no brainer question that everyone is asking.  It should not take from the release of the 5 in September 2012 until January 2014!  And AT&T does not even care because everyone is voicing their opinions and complaining about it.  There is talk of an Iphone 6 so now when everyone upgrades from the 4S which is the last phone that the family map worked on, the app will be obsolete!  You are moving backward AT&T and not forward.  And don't go blaming Apple!   You created the App and it worked perfectly so it is your point to fix it that it works with the upgrades as it use to.  I am right now going to call AT&T and inquire about this once again.  everyone should do the same.  I will report back! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Well , I found out that I Phone 5 has to download the Family map app to the phone in order for family map to work. I have a 19 yr old and she wont do it. Bad mistake on Apples fault. I will have to shut her phone off , until she puts it on. it's also sometimes not very accurate. I think Apple 's phone can be tracked by find my Iphone app. I will find away arount it . Right now family map is not the best thing , unles I force her to do it.

Concerned Dad. (upset)

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

I called 3 times to follow-up on this. They are clueless. I explAined that I was told when the updates came out they said it would be corrected that the family map would work without any other added apps as it did with the 3 3G 4 and 4s. Each time they kept putting me on hkd. They did not understand the app or what I was even asking so they could care less about correcting this app so I am not upgrading to any of the new pho Ed. I will be researching phones that it will still work on as I have heart sprint family locator still works on their upgrades so it is just att having this problem. Although I have been with att for 10 years this app is that important that I would switch providers to still be able to locate my children.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.