Get the myAT&T app
Riamia1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 2:40 PM

Family map not able to locate iPhone 5!!!

Please help!  The family map service is giving a message of "not able to locate" one of the numbers on my plan.. . It is an iphone 5 and we were able to locate this number before the phone/software upgrade.  The phone is on and in clear range.  It seems like a glitch with the new iPhone software.  Is there a fix out there? 

Thanks in advance!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have an iPhone 5 and installed the check in app on the iPhone 5 and it still doesn't work. I have other phones and it work well but on the iPhone 5 it doesn't work. I am thinking about getting another phone for the kids otherwise this app is useless!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am so frustrated with this whole issue. Everything you said pertains to my family too and it is crap that they don't just give us a credit or something for all the trouble. The check in feature is crap too and does not help. I mean I am paying for this function and if it does not work tell me so I can quit throwing my money away.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Just for everyones information I have two phones that were just updated. They are not Iphone 5's they are a Galaxy S4 and a S3 and family maps does not work on ether one of them. So I call for support. They  told me that family maps would not work on LTE phones. Isn't that just great, I just shelled out a crap load of money  for upgrades so I can no longer locate my children. Nice work there ATT.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

If you have an iPhone and your kids have iPhones why are you even using FamilyMap?  Just use Apple's Find My Friends app...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Sam58....are you saying that you have an Iphone5, familymap and that after the above you got it working without the checkin app loaded and running on the phone? thanks

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I cannot believe that this issue has still not been resolved. Also, when AT&T is contacted they state they are working on a resolution. Well it is now 10 months. This is ridiculous. I am beginning to think we are all getting the run a round. This should not be that difficult to correct. If a phone has GPS it should be able to be tracked. Just tell us the truth. I am losing all faith in AT&T and feel as though you are not listening to the consumers. Please let us know if the fix is in the near future. A year is just too long to solve a problem lime this. It is not acceptable. Will the fix be corrected with family map locating the new 5S which is expected to launch this fall. If not, AT&T is going backwards I stead of forwards and by next year the family map app would be obsolete not working on any new phones. This is a shame and a disgrace to lose a great app.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have had the app for two years-it kept me with ATT-my son just got an iPhone 5...honestly, I'm furious. Tomorrow I am returning the phone and taking my entire families account to sprint.

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I also returned the iPhone 5 last September aftet i discovered the family map did not work with the upgrade of my daughters phone. With Every upgrade prior it automatically worked and followed the upgrade. It's been almost a year and they are just not listening. With the next upgrades I am going to sprint as well. I heard the family locator app for sprint works on the iPhone 5 with no "companion app". I too am furious about this and no one seems to care at ATT since it is still not resolved. Another phone will be released in the fall. iPhone 5s. They are falli g behind on correcting this. If it does not fix with that release I'm switching to sprint so I can use the family locator app on the upgrade. No one even updates us with a possible fix. They keep saying we have no idea when it will be fixed. I am tired of hearing this.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

The LTE on the iPhone 5 is what's causing it not to work. Go into the phones settings and disable the LTE and it will work 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.