Get the myAT&T app
unchrn's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Saturday, October 6th, 2018 6:07 PM

Family Map server is not responding

There are errors when connecting to Family Map servers now since 10/5. It has been on and off before 10/5.

"An error occurred while signing in. Please try again." is the message provided. Connecting to the server took around 2-3 mins.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

The app is being updated or replaced.  Unfortunately it’s a botched update.  I let the community manager know, but I doubt there will be an answer till next week.  

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Family Map is a paid service. What they should have done is to deploy the upgrade to a test server and test/confirm the upgrade works and ready. Then deploy the upgrade to real application server to serve. Isn't it rude to tell customer "sorry, it is not working" now when they ask? I have been kept trying. Wouldn't it be nice if you inform customers about the issues?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

This  a customer populated forum, I don’t work for ATT.  🙄

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you! It needs a place to talk about the issue. Wouldn't it be correct if the error message is "Sorry , we are currently upgrading the application. We have failed to fix problems, please give us a few days..." :]

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Anyone else experienced the issue? Not fixed yet!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Still down Sunday morning.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Family map down since oct 5 still not locating anyone in my family as of oct 7!!

very frustrating! They need to acknowledge the error at least! I chatted with att yesterday for an hour and they said was to update to new app

(att family service) there isn’t even an app called that yet! Miscommunication on there end 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Sadly. At least they need to fix the fake error messages!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

There are several FREE apps which locate phones in the App Store.  

We are an android family and use “Google trusted contacts”.  It doesn’t require sharing your google account credentials.  

“Family locator” is a one time purchase and works on any device.

“Family locator & safety” is free

iCloud locates iphones

Find devices locates androids

The ONLY reason to use ATT $10 per month subscription is if you have basic phones.   All of the above apps require a smartphone 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

At this point. AT&T should get it fixed ASAP.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.