Get the myAT&T app
Spdracer's profile

Scholar

• 

203 Messages

Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 4:59 PM

Family Map cost question

We are considering getting Family Map. My wife travels alot and wants me to be able to track her late at night as she is driving. I want her to be able to see my location also. We have a family shared plan. Is Family map $9.99 per phone of can I track her and she track me for only $9.99?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Spdracer wrote:

We are considering getting Family Map. My wife travels alot and wants me to be able to track her late at night as she is driving. I want her to be able to see my location also. We have a family shared plan. Is Family map $9.99 per phone of can I track her and she track me for only $9.99?

https://familymap.wireless.att.com/finder-att-family/welcome.htm
First 30 DAYS FREE! At the end of the free 30 days, you will automatically be subscribed and charged $9.99  per month thereafter to locate up to two family members or $14.99  per month thereafter to locate up to five family members unless you cancel the service. Have an iPhone? Text FMAPP to 7299 to access the new mobile web app
So it is 9.99 for both of you

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks @wingrider you beat me to itSmiley Happy

Scholar

• 

203 Messages

11 years ago

thank you,

Not worth it at $20 a month. will find a different solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Spdracer wrote:

thank you,

Not worth it at $20 a month. will find a different solution

20 a month - not sure where that amount came from.

It is 9.99 for 2 phones or 14.99 for 5 phones on a family plan.

Scholar

• 

203 Messages

11 years ago

sorry, I misread the reply. I read it as $9.99 for each of us instead of both of us

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Spdracer wrote:

sorry, I misread the reply. I read it as $9.99 for each of us instead of both of us

Not a problem, one thing to be aware - there are some issues on Iphone and IOS 6.01 at the moment, they are working on resolving the issue but have not heard much lately

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

In addition to extra monthly cost, does familymap t consume any data from my data plan?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.3K Messages

8 years ago

It uses location services, so yes, but very little, and no more tha location does now. 

There are free apps which can locate your smartphones more accurately, no monthly fee required.    It is the only way to locate non smartphones.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.