For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
folicacid's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 26th, 2013 5:15 AM

Does it cost to receive incoming international calls?

Hi.

I am British and use our carrier o2. They offer a service called International Favourites, which allows me to call the US via a UK number - I assume it uses VOiP. I assumed it would be a domestic US number on the caller ID but my friend says it's an 0044/+44 number. They have a plan on AT&T and I just want to confirm they won't be charged to receive?

Also o2 give me a US number they can call like a domestic one - my friend has unlimited calls - so can you also say if 786-2**-0**1(numbers *'d for security) is a standard domestic number incisive to an unlimited call package?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Nancyandrea wrote:
Hi, I have inlimited calls and texts. I want to know if I am going to be charged for receiving international calls. Thank you

If you read the response from JulieCS, incoming international calls & texts go against the minutes/texts in your plan.  On your current unlimited plan, you will not be charged for receiving calls or texts from people in other countries (as long as you, yourself are not in another country).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi I have a Danish sim I have hundreds of free talk time would like to use it to call the UK it says I can call landlines or mobiles, if I do will they be charged to receive my call ?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Weebarney, that is not a question ATT can answer. Whether or not UK call recipients get charged depends on their phone carrier. If you call an ATT wireless customer who happens to be in the UK, yes they will pay international rates.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a friend in the Air Force. He has been deployed to Nigeria. He calls me ; can't get through; call is dropped.

He has an 1-000-000-0000.
Am
I
Able to call that number, even in Nigeria; ?
Please answer this as soon as you can.
Have been with AT&T for more years than I can recall.

NEED YOUR HELP.
Thank -you,
Michele [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@mawmawx3 That is not a valid number. If your friend has their ATT SIM card in the phone, you just call them the same as if they were in the US. If they are using a local SIM card, you need to know the correct number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.