Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 19, 2013
10:06:08 AM
View profile
Do I have to get a data plan for a smartphone if the phone will be blocked from internet usage

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 19, 2013 2:00:52 PM
(0)
Expert

they do not place data blocks on smartphones, a smartphone requires a data plan. A gophone solution does not require a data plan for a smartphone

Accepted Solution

Do I have to get a data plan for a smartphone if the phone will be blocked from internet usage

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 19, 2013 2:00:52 PM
(0)
Expert

they do not place data blocks on smartphones, a smartphone requires a data plan. A gophone solution does not require a data plan for a smartphone

Re: Do I have to get a data plan for a smartphone if the phone will be blocked from internet usage

2 of 3 (505 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 8:09:54 PM
(0)
Guru

@wingrider01 is correct. AT&T requires Data Plans for all post-paid devices. If you do not have a data-plan on your line, and you switch to a smartphone, AT&T will modify your account to add a compatible data plan. For Go-Phone plans, the data is optional regardless of the phone. 

@wingrider01 is correct. AT&T requires Data Plans for all post-paid devices. If you do not have a data-plan on your line, and you switch to a smartphone, AT&T will modify your account to add a compatible data plan. For Go-Phone plans, the data is optional regardless of the phone. 

Re: Do I have to get a data plan for a smartphone if the phone will be blocked from internet usage

3 of 3 (493 Views)