Get the myAT&T app
bbike06's profile

Mentor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 2:12 PM

Cost to receive messages abroad

I tried browsing the at&t site, but it doesn't seem very helpful. 

I have at&t, and a good friend of mine also has at&t. She is traveling in italy for 10 days. She spoke to at&t CS before she left, and was told that incoming SMS from the US will be deducted from her standard messaging plan (she has unlimited texting), but there will be a cost to send from Italy to the US. I cannot find any information on the at&t website to verify this. She told me to text her often because its free to receive. I just don't want any surprises when she returns. 

Also, it is $0.50 to send, correct? And if I have Unlimited Text and send her an SMS, it is free for me?

Thanks! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

15 years ago

From personal experience I say that the information you were given is correct.  Incoming messages draw from the normal domestic text plan.  Sent messages for the person whose phone is abroad are $0.50 each to send.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/international-roaming.jsp

Mentor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

Thank you for that link. For some reason, I could only find the site about sending an SMS from the US to an international number. Thanks!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.