Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 26, 2009
7:12:43 AM
View profile
Cost to receive messages abroad

I tried browsing the at&t site, but it doesn't seem very helpful. 

I have at&t, and a good friend of mine also has at&t. She is traveling in italy for 10 days. She spoke to at&t CS before she left, and was told that incoming SMS from the US will be deducted from her standard messaging plan (she has unlimited texting), but there will be a cost to send from Italy to the US. I cannot find any information on the at&t website to verify this. She told me to text her often because its free to receive. I just don't want any surprises when she returns. 

Also, it is $0.50 to send, correct? And if I have Unlimited Text and send her an SMS, it is free for me?

Thanks! 

I tried browsing the at&t site, but it doesn't seem very helpful. 

I have at&t, and a good friend of mine also has at&t. She is traveling in italy for 10 days. She spoke to at&t CS before she left, and was told that incoming SMS from the US will be deducted from her standard messaging plan (she has unlimited texting), but there will be a cost to send from Italy to the US. I cannot find any information on the at&t website to verify this. She told me to text her often because its free to receive. I just don't want any surprises when she returns. 

Also, it is $0.50 to send, correct? And if I have Unlimited Text and send her an SMS, it is free for me?

Thanks! 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 26, 2009 9:00:45 AM
(0)
Master

From personal experience I say that the information you were given is correct.  Incoming messages draw from the normal domestic text plan.  Sent messages for the person whose phone is abroad are $0.50 each to send.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/international-roaming.jsp

Accepted Solution

Cost to receive messages abroad

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 26, 2009 9:00:45 AM
(0)
Master

From personal experience I say that the information you were given is correct.  Incoming messages draw from the normal domestic text plan.  Sent messages for the person whose phone is abroad are $0.50 each to send.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/international-roaming.jsp

Re: Cost to receive messages abroad

2 of 3 (9,210 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2009 9:04:22 AM
(0)
Mentor
Thank you for that link. For some reason, I could only find the site about sending an SMS from the US to an international number. Thanks!
Thank you for that link. For some reason, I could only find the site about sending an SMS from the US to an international number. Thanks!

Re: Cost to receive messages abroad

3 of 3 (9,208 Views)