Cost to receive messages abroad

Highlighted
Mentor

Cost to receive messages abroad

I tried browsing the at&t site, but it doesn't seem very helpful. 

I have at&t, and a good friend of mine also has at&t. She is traveling in italy for 10 days. She spoke to at&t CS before she left, and was told that incoming SMS from the US will be deducted from her standard messaging plan (she has unlimited texting), but there will be a cost to send from Italy to the US. I cannot find any information on the at&t website to verify this. She told me to text her often because its free to receive. I just don't want any surprises when she returns. 

Also, it is $0.50 to send, correct? And if I have Unlimited Text and send her an SMS, it is free for me?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: Cost to receive messages abroad

From personal experience I say that the information you were given is correct.  Incoming messages draw from the normal domestic text plan.  Sent messages for the person whose phone is abroad are $0.50 each to send.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/international-roaming.jsp

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: Cost to receive messages abroad

Thank you for that link. For some reason, I could only find the site about sending an SMS from the US to an international number. Thanks!
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support