Get the myAT&T app
DeArkhart's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 11th, 2016 9:23 PM

Canada

I'm going out of the country for the 1st time and have unanswered questions about my phone/service. Will it work outside of the US, do I have to change settings, and will it be expensive ? Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@jvliet I get a "Page Not Found" error with that link. So maybe something has changed. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

aha! I had an extra space at the end of that URL, it redirects to

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/gophone.html?tab=2

Please try that one

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@jvliet Thanks. I learned something new. I thought GoPhone roaming in Canada and Mexico was limited to the $60 plan. That still doesn't explain your issue, you should have been able to receive texts. My only suggestion is there was some network anomaly. Rebooting your phone and forcing it to reauthorize to the network may have fixed the issue. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

@sandblaster, this is why I believe that something has changed with Roger's support of AT&T GoPhone customers. Back in July I would receive a text message immediately (telling me that $0.25 had been deducted from my account) after sending a txt. This time - no text back. I knew my sent texts were going out, but didn't know that I wasn't receiving texts until I re-entered the USA. I wish I could confirm that the $60 GoPhone plan still works properly in Canada, prior to my next trip there. BTW I did turn my phone off then back on several times....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.