For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
kara0303's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 29th, 2018 6:30 PM

Can ATT help block spam calls?

I'm frustrated with the amount and frequency of spam calls to my number. I've registered my number with the DO NOT CALL list (it's been registered for years, but I re-registered again last year), but still have a spammer that uses a 404-797-xxxx number just like the beginning digits of my cell number and it's spam. I block any that come in, but they continue to barrage my phone with calls. On Friday I had 4 from 4 different 404-797-xxxx numbers within a two hour window. I just received another. Is there anything ATT can do to stop these from coming in??  Or is there anything else that I can do to stop these?  I block the individual numbers that come in, but there has to be a better way.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

I think people are expecting some kind of miracle cure, when there is none.  Especially not when the scammers adjust constantly to account for blocking apps.

Neither Verizon or ATT should be charging for this service.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am pretty sure the latest rash of cell spam on AT&T is not stoppable. The BEST technique for weeding out this nonsense is to keep your phone in a constant state of Do Not Disturb . By going into setting an allowing ONLY contacts in your CONTACT list, I now only get the calls I want. No more ringing 3 times an hour with "press 2 to be removed from our list" 

NO MATTER WHAT you do, hang up, dont answer, listen, the calling bot records your phone # as a working # and they sell it for a nickel in Romania! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is simply a bad method.  I have business calls all the time.  I can't keep my phone on constant DND.  I still get about 4-5 a day spam from all over the world.  I guess these scammers are smarter than our billion dollar phone companies.  Pathetic. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

T_Line is correct. Blocking everyone NOT in your contacts list is backwards, because you can get legitimate calls from entities not in Contacts. For the calls that Call Protect *does* catch (and it does catch some), it populates the Caller ID field with the name Spam Risk (I assume that's a first and last name). That's great; it's consistent just using Spam Risk. 

So to not do things backwards, I would like to trap any Spam Risk calls and give them a special ring tone (like 30 seconds of silence). Can this be done?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.