Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Call forwarding while in Canada

Highlighted
Tutor

Call forwarding while in Canada

We'll be in Canada for a few days next week and my AT&T iPhone 7 plan does not include roaming to Canada (don't want unlimited as I lose hotspot).  

I have a backup phone with TMobile, and that DOES include free call/text/data while in Canada.  Both phones are in the same local area code.

If I forward my iPhone to my TMobile phone, and someone calls my iPhone while I am in Canada and it forwards to my TMobile phone, will I get charged for an international call on my AT&T bill?

I won't be making any outgoing calls on my ATT phone or really using it unless it's on WIFI.  Just not sure if I will be charged for calls forwarded to a number that is roaming in Canada that has free Canada service.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by lancorp
‎12-31-2016 6:40 AM

Re: Call forwarding while in Canada

No. Your forwarded call is to a US number. The fact that it is roaming in Canada makes no difference. Only the phone that is roaming is subject to international rates. Make sure you have your iphone off or in airplane mode. If any call reaches your iphone before it is forwarded, you could get a roaming charge.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support