Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 5, 2013
7:49:43 AM
Call/Text Blocking question
Edited by sandman1318 on Jan 5, 2013 at 7:54:11 AM

I just recently signed up for this service.  When someone texts me from a blocked number, the text doesn't come through as expected.  But the sender does not receive any kind of a message saying the message did not go through.  However, my brother signed up for the exact same service and if a blocked number texts his phone, the sender gets a message, in red, stating "Your message did not go through....."

We both have AT&T iPhones.  Why does someone texting me from a blocked number not get that message?  Thanks.

UPDATE:  I just found my answer.  The sender has to be using an AT&T phone to get the message.

I just recently signed up for this service.  When someone texts me from a blocked number, the text doesn't come through as expected.  But the sender does not receive any kind of a message saying the message did not go through.  However, my brother signed up for the exact same service and if a blocked number texts his phone, the sender gets a message, in red, stating "Your message did not go through....."

We both have AT&T iPhones.  Why does someone texting me from a blocked number not get that message?  Thanks.

UPDATE:  I just found my answer.  The sender has to be using an AT&T phone to get the message.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 30, 2013 9:53:12 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTDelia on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:57:12 AM

Hello Sandman1318.  Thanks for your post!  The Smart Limits - Blocked Calls & Texts

article (see drop down for automated messages for blocked calls and text messages) confirms your resolution!  We sincerely appreciate you sharing the resolution in your update!

~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Call/Text Blocking question

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 30, 2013 9:53:12 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTDelia on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:57:12 AM

Hello Sandman1318.  Thanks for your post!  The Smart Limits - Blocked Calls & Texts

article (see drop down for automated messages for blocked calls and text messages) confirms your resolution!  We sincerely appreciate you sharing the resolution in your update!

~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Call/Text Blocking question

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (10,434 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2014 4:48:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have an PREPAID AT&T Galaxy Appeal i827 I am getting harassing Texts from a Verizon Customer, How can I permanantly block them?

I have an PREPAID AT&T Galaxy Appeal i827 I am getting harassing Texts from a Verizon Customer, How can I permanantly block them?

Re: Call/Text Blocking question

3 of 3 (833 Views)