Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 19, 2011
2:37:08 PM
View profile
Blocking prem purchases on daughter's phone
Edited by Mommy_24/7_33 on Jan 19, 2011 at 2:41:32 PM

Has anyone tried using the free service that can be used to block premium purchases that show up on your aT&T bill?  I could so use that for my daughter who is out of control with her purchases.

It amazes me on how she can find so many things to purchase and download.  That, the social media sites, texting...it's all kids do these days.  We hung out at the Putt-Putt and played Pac-Man, so I guess we didn't spend our time wisely either.  LOL

Has anyone tried using the free service that can be used to block premium purchases that show up on your aT&T bill?  I could so use that for my daughter who is out of control with her purchases.

It amazes me on how she can find so many things to purchase and download.  That, the social media sites, texting...it's all kids do these days.  We hung out at the Putt-Putt and played Pac-Man, so I guess we didn't spend our time wisely either.  LOL

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 19, 2011 9:02:48 PM
(0)
Master

Yes you can have purchases blocked.

Call customer service and ask that a purchase blocker be placed on your daughters line (I actually have it on all my lines to also prevent fraud subscriptions).  It's free and easy/quick for them to set up.

If your kids are also using too much data you can also have that blocked by asking for a data block (as long as they are not using a smartphone as those have a data requirement).  But this will also prevent picture messaging (although not a bad thing for some kids).

Accepted Solution

Blocking prem purchases on daughter's phone

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2011 3:13:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

I tried "talking" to my kids and then "making them pay" and all that noise.  Finally, I used the smart controls and just stopped it. 

Really, it's not hard to use.  I find the games on Facebook a lot more confusing than that was!

I tried "talking" to my kids and then "making them pay" and all that noise.  Finally, I used the smart controls and just stopped it. 

Really, it's not hard to use.  I find the games on Facebook a lot more confusing than that was!

Re: Blocking prem purchases on daughter's phone

2 of 6 (4,544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 19, 2011 9:02:48 PM
(0)
Master

Call customer service and ask that a purchase blocker be placed on your daughters line (I actually have it on all my lines to also prevent fraud subscriptions).  It's free and easy/quick for them to set up.

If your kids are also using too much data you can also have that blocked by asking for a data block (as long as they are not using a smartphone as those have a data requirement).  But this will also prevent picture messaging (although not a bad thing for some kids).

3 of 6 (4,518 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2011 7:49:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

You can block data on a smart phone as well don't let them fool you into thinking you have to have a data plan.  I blocked the data on my daughters Blackberry.

You can block data on a smart phone as well don't let them fool you into thinking you have to have a data plan.  I blocked the data on my daughters Blackberry.

4 of 6 (4,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2011 5:08:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

hmmmm...after u tell her not to do it and she does it anyway?! maybe u should take her phone away!

hmmmm...after u tell her not to do it and she does it anyway?! maybe u should take her phone away!

5 of 6 (3,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 19, 2015 7:55:49 AM
(0)
Administrator

Would you like to learn how to manage your mobile purchases from the AT&T mobile purchase website. View purchases, cancel subscriptions, and block or set purchase limits? Find out at http://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009396

Would you like to learn how to manage your mobile purchases from the AT&T mobile purchase website. View purchases, cancel subscriptions, and block or set purchase limits? Find out at http://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009396

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (139 Views)
Solution