For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Mommy_24/7_33's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 10:37 PM

Closed

Blocking prem purchases on daughter's phone

Has anyone tried using the free service that can be used to block premium purchases that show up on your aT&T bill?  I could so use that for my daughter who is out of control with her purchases.

It amazes me on how she can find so many things to purchase and download.  That, the social media sites, texting...it's all kids do these days.  We hung out at the Putt-Putt and played Pac-Man, so I guess we didn't spend our time wisely either.  LOL

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

Would you like to learn how to manage your mobile purchases from the AT&T mobile purchase website. View purchases, cancel subscriptions, and block or set purchase limits? Find out at http://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009396

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I tried "talking" to my kids and then "making them pay" and all that noise.  Finally, I used the smart controls and just stopped it. 

Really, it's not hard to use.  I find the games on Facebook a lot more confusing than that was!

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

Yes you can have purchases blocked.

Call customer service and ask that a purchase blocker be placed on your daughters line (I actually have it on all my lines to also prevent fraud subscriptions).  It's free and easy/quick for them to set up.

If your kids are also using too much data you can also have that blocked by asking for a data block (as long as they are not using a smartphone as those have a data requirement).  But this will also prevent picture messaging (although not a bad thing for some kids).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

You can block data on a smart phone as well don't let them fool you into thinking you have to have a data plan.  I blocked the data on my daughters Blackberry.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

hmmmm...after u tell her not to do it and she does it anyway?! maybe u should take her phone away!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

how can i block facebook  instram and other soical media from my daughter phone

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

@tinajones   This thread is 10 years old and will be closed.  Please start a new thread.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.