Helpful Links

Blocking a non AT&T iPhone User

Contributor

Blocking a non AT&T iPhone User

If I block a Verizon iPhone from texting my AT&T iPhone, will they know I blocked them? This person is annoyingly persistent and I think that if she knew I blocked her that she would try using a different phone or getting another number just to continue texting me.

Tags (4)
Message 1 of 2
Former Community Manager

Re: Blocking a non AT&T iPhone User

If the person is not using AT&T, they will not receive any feedback stating that their message was blocked. 

Here's an article with more information: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB92823#fbid=Z6SDS7kpLnk

Specific to your question:

Blocked Text Messages

Text messages will be blocked and AT&T subscribers will receive the auto-reply text message: The wireless subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting incoming messages at this time if:

• The number is on the Smart Limits subscriber's blocked list.
  • The Smart Limits subscriber has reached the text message limit.
  • The text message was sent to the Smart Limits subscriber during a Time of Day restriction period. Note: Text messages are not delivered when the time restriction is lifted.

If the sending number is not an AT&T subscriber, they will not be notified that the text message was not delivered.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support