Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 17, 2013
3:07:11 PM
View profile
Blocking a non AT&T iPhone User

If I block a Verizon iPhone from texting my AT&T iPhone, will they know I blocked them? This person is annoyingly persistent and I think that if she knew I blocked her that she would try using a different phone or getting another number just to continue texting me.

If I block a Verizon iPhone from texting my AT&T iPhone, will they know I blocked them? This person is annoyingly persistent and I think that if she knew I blocked her that she would try using a different phone or getting another number just to continue texting me.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 18, 2013 7:46:20 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

If the person is not using AT&T, they will not receive any feedback stating that their message was blocked. 

Here's an article with more information: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB92823#fbid=Z6SDS7kpLnk

Specific to your question:

Blocked Text Messages

Text messages will be blocked and AT&T subscribers will receive the auto-reply text message: The wireless subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting incoming messages at this time if:

• The number is on the Smart Limits subscriber's blocked list.
  • The Smart Limits subscriber has reached the text message limit.
  • The text message was sent to the Smart Limits subscriber during a Time of Day restriction period. Note: Text messages are not delivered when the time restriction is lifted.

If the sending number is not an AT&T subscriber, they will not be notified that the text message was not delivered.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Blocking a non AT&T iPhone User

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 18, 2013 7:46:20 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

If the person is not using AT&T, they will not receive any feedback stating that their message was blocked. 

Here's an article with more information: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB92823#fbid=Z6SDS7kpLnk

Blocked Text Messages

Text messages will be blocked and AT&T subscribers will receive the auto-reply text message: The wireless subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting incoming messages at this time if:

• The text message was sent to the Smart Limits subscriber during a Time of Day restriction period. Note: Text messages are not delivered when the time restriction is lifted.

If the sending number is not an AT&T subscriber, they will not be notified that the text message was not delivered.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Blocked Text Messages

--------------

Re: Blocking a non AT&T iPhone User

2 of 2 (6,037 Views)
Solution