Get the myAT&T app
rkawakami's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 23rd, 2015 10:17 PM

Automatic call blocking from invalid numbers/Smart Limits for Wireless changes

It would be nice if your call routing system could be set to AUTOMATICALLY prevent calls from invalid phone numbers from being completed. As an example, I have received calls on my cell phone with the following Caller ID numbers in the last few days:

408-189-xxxx

728-727-xxxx

The first number uses an invalid exchange (189); the second an inactive area code (728). These were both obviously spoofed numbers that spammers/fraudsters are using. While I get many, many more nuisance calls than these examples each week, it would relieve some of the call volume if your system blocks these calls in the first place.

I also subscribe to the Smart Limits call blocking service. 30 numbers is NOT enough to cover all of the spam calls I get. Could this be increased to at least 200? I have already used up all 30 slots in my Smart Limits. I also have over 50 numbers programmed into my phone's phonebook that have been flagged as spammers. Since they can either change the numbers they transmit on a regular basis, or there's just so many of them to begin with, 30 numbers is much too low.

Would it also be possible to count and record the date and time when calls have last been blocked and have this information posted with the list of my blocked numbers? It would be useful to see how many times that calls from the number have been received and when the last one was blocked. I could then delete that number from my block list and replace it with one that has had more activity.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @rkawakami

Thank you for posting your valuable feedback on our Smart Limits service!

As with everything we offer, we rely on this feedback to provide services that our customers find useful, and to make existing products even better. I agree that adding an automatic block for such calls would be an awesome option, ad would being able to increase the blocked contact limit and see records of those blocked calls! There may be some technical limitations preventing us from adding these features at this time, but we will certainly pass your comments on to the teams that can make this happen!

Thanks again!

Charise

Mentor

• 

89 Messages

9 years ago

Please let me add a similar concern.  I don't answer any call that is not from someone in my contacts list (so the name shows up) or is an obvious rollover number from companies I do business with.  Today, I started getting calls from[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information].  Out of curiosity, I looked it up and see it is some kind of known credit card theft ring.

Now I learn that maybe area code 728 is not even valid?  Some help from AT&T would be nice here.  Thanks.

Bill

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

No phone company will help you.  Get something called Digitone Call Blocker Plus.  It's well worth the $80.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.