Explore & discover

Helpful Links

At&t Secure Family

Contributor

At&t Secure Family

I keep getting popup saying family map is now secure family and to go to google play to get update.  I click on update, but there's no update.  Only options available are to uninstall or open app.  I click open, it goes back to ATT Family Map...get the popup to update again.  No way to bypass the popup, no update to download.  Cant use the app at all.  Very frustrated.

Message 1 of 80
ACE - Sage

Re: At&t Secure Family

I’m pretty sure it’s a different app, not an update.

I’ll see if I can find more information 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 80
Tutor

The new app is not available in Playstore and the Family Map update keeps taking me to Family Map again in an endless loop. I'm reading that the new app (when available) will also need a "companion app" in each person's phone. This was not needed before.

Message 3 of 80
ACE - Sage

Okay...a little poking and it seems ATT has jumped a gun and screwed the pooch here.  Looking for an informed reply which may not come till Monday.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 80
Teacher

Ya what the heck is going on?? It is very frustrating!! Not even the live chat is working. 

Message 5 of 80
ACE - Sage

@Azbeauty7

There is no chance chat or phone reps are going to know what’s going on.  😒

Message 6 of 80
Teacher

Ya i just remembered that the other day when speaking with At&t customer service they did advisee that this weekend they are doing a big update to their system. Since they are now with Directv they are combining alot of information and updates for customers. So ya im sure Monday everything should be back up and running. Guess we'll all be crossing our fingers and hope for the best on Monday! 

Message 7 of 80
Contributor

Family Map won't update to Secure Family

I can't use Family Map (which I use constantly to track my teen son) I tried to login but it says the app changed and must update. When I click on the update link it just opens the same app with the same message to update. I can't find out how to get information on what to do. I see many others are having the same problem. Answers AT&T?

Screenshot_20181006-105955_AT&T FamilyMap.jpgWhen I try to open the appScreenshot_20181006-110009_Google Play Store.jpgWhat happens when I click Update, then it loops back to Update screen

Message 8 of 80
Contributor

HELP!!!! Family Map not working

Tried to login and am being told app changed and need to update. When I click on the update link it just opens the same app with the same message to update. Come on, AT&T!!!!

Message 9 of 80
ACE - Sage

Re: HELP!!!! Family Map not working

The app is being updated or replaced.  Unfortunately it’s a botched update.  I let the community manager know, but I doubt there will be an answer till next week.  

Message 10 of 80
Contributor

Re: Family Map won't update to Secure Family

I'm having the same problem, don't know what to do.

Message 11 of 80
Contributor

AT&T family maps issue

I have been using this and love it. As of this morning, when I try to use it, a box pops up and tells me I need to update the app. Then another pops up and says it has changed to AT&T family secure, go to the play store and download. Then I have to delete the current one to do anything on my phone at all. Anyone find a fix for this? 

Message 12 of 80
Contributor

AT&T Family Map upgrade to AT&T Secure Family not working

I am trying to use AT&T Family map on my phone and i get a message that it has now changed to AT&T Secure family! Update your app now at the Google Play store. I click on update and it takes me to Google Play store but i don't see the new app and i can't update manually. In the meantime Family map is not working.

Message 13 of 80
Tutor

Re: AT&T family maps issue

There is no fix yet and the Family Map web site is broken too.

Message 14 of 80
Contributor

at&t family map

It says it has changed to at&t secure family and to go to Google play store to update but there is nothing in Google play store and now my at&t family map will not work at all. I use family map every day because my husband is constantly losing his phone.

Message 15 of 80
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support