Explore & discover

Helpful Links

At&t Secure Family

Contributor

At&t Secure Family

I keep getting popup saying family map is now secure family and to go to google play to get update.  I click on update, but there's no update.  Only options available are to uninstall or open app.  I click open, it goes back to ATT Family Map...get the popup to update again.  No way to bypass the popup, no update to download.  Cant use the app at all.  Very frustrated.

Message 1 of 80
Scholar

Re: at&t family map

Your teen is getting past it because that is how AT&T designed it.  The parental controls are useless because the kids can disable and/or remove them.  AT&T believes kids have a right to unfettered service.

Message 76 of 80

Re: at

Not true. 1. most parents arent educated in technology like their children
are.
2. Parents typically want to be buddies with their kids.

If my child disables their GPS, spoofs their GPS or trys to socially
engineer a spoof of their GPS.. They will lose their phone, their social
privileges, driving privileges.. Etc.
Message 77 of 80
Scholar

Mine too.

But still doesn’t mean that AT&T didn’t put out a crappy product and got rid of a good one because they had some kind of insane legal concern about the privacy rights of dependents.  This app sends out constant texts to the dependent phones saying that they are being monitored.  Sorry but from a parental perspective this is ridiculous!

Message 78 of 80
Teacher

Re: at

Yes true...but everyone has privacy rights to a certain extent. Also the
text messages would only send notifications about every couple of months.
At least the good thing is that the app doesnt notify every time its being
used.
Message 79 of 80
Teacher

Have them remove the app off of their phone if its installed on it.  Then continue to try the app on the Parent phone.  If satisfactory then everyone appears to be. 

Message 80 of 80
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support