Get the myAT&T app
Lily0278's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 6th, 2018 2:13 PM

At&t Secure Family

I keep getting popup saying family map is now secure family and to go to google play to get update.  I click on update, but there's no update.  Only options available are to uninstall or open app.  I click open, it goes back to ATT Family Map...get the popup to update again.  No way to bypass the popup, no update to download.  Cant use the app at all.  Very frustrated.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

I just wish we could get an official acknowledgement that this app needs work instead of just all the users complaining...but alas, ATT doesn't want to know what the users think.  They just want the money.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I just got forced into Secure today.  Already I am extremely unhappy! Family map was so much better.  It located all the time.  The only thing that was needed was for the phone to be turned on.  The app says you don't need to pair the phones if you only want to track.  Well that can't be true because it still does not track! This is terrible and is not secure for my family at all!!   Please bring back Family Map.  It was easy and simple and always worked!! I pay $320 a month for my phones.  I still use an iphone 5 and would to upgrade but I don't want to add another $29 a month! The only reason I didn't shop around was because of Family Map.  If this is how this tracking is going to work (or should I say not work) I will definitely be switching carriers and getting a much better rate!

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I checked to see if there were some helpful hints that could fix the tracking.  It says, see if your child deactivated tge companion app .  Are you kidding me? Of course a child (especially a teenager) is going to turn off that off if they don't want you to know where they are.  Again,  how is this Secure?!! Why did you get rid of the way the Family Map feature worked? Couldn't that have been part of this new package?

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

The only good thing about this app so far is that I laughed so hard I cried when my wife who was raised to behave as a ''lady" got frustrated with this app and called it a piece of {edited for word filter evasion}.  It was the first time I remember hearing her cuss. 

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

This Family Secure application is a joke. I work for a major software company, and if our developers came up with something like this, it would have been laughed at. To develop an app which requires the user on the other end to "have to" also install software just to make it work is a joke. There's no way in God's green Earth are my teenagers going to install the companion. And now my wife and I no long have the ability to be alerted to our children's data usage. We can no longer shutdown their phones from using data, texting or calling, during the evenings, when they should be sleeping on school nights. Or even on non-school night, say after 2am. Good luck to the suckers paying monthly on this garbage. The old Smart Limits app was so much better, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring it back!

Scholar

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

Would pay double to get Smart Limits back!  This is a nightmare if you have teenagers.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

You only need to start up the locator and see the icon covering 3 square miles of map space to know the programmer(s) was/were clueless.  And, these comments have been up for about 3 months with no at&t input. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I too have fallen victim to AT$T's amateur software engineers. I used to have and use Smart Limits with success to keep my teenage daughter's data usage in check. AT$T forced me to use "Secure Family" which lacks any of the data limit functionality previously afforded by Smart Limits. I now must ask my daughter to unlock her iPhone so daddy can install an app to monitor her data usage and location! Right, she will claim that it got accidentally uninstalled when she was updating her phone.

How in heck does AT$T stay in business with such an inferior product? I have been a customer of AT$T for nearly 20 years with 5 devices on wireless plans, Uverse internet and TV.

ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS ARE CRAP! 

Disclaimer: I don't work for AT$T.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T is a greedy corporation. I too am leaving them after 15 years of
paying exorbitant prices for multiple lines, being subjected to their dirty
tricks, their incompetence.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

As a suggestion if you're still looking for some helpful hidden solutions.
You can visit this site. https://www.bestphonespy.com
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.