For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
reneeDeAnna's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, August 15th, 2016 8:42 PM

Adding Roam Mexico to Mobile Share Value Plan

I need a bit of help,

I am taking a vacation with the family to Mexico, I currently have the Mobile Share Value 15GB plan and I know they offered on May 20th a new feature to have unlimited talk and text as well as use your regular plan data (15GB).

I just need to know if I need to do anything via the website to enable this option; i.e. is it already enabled or do I need to select "Roam Mexico" that I have seen in other posting?

I am struggling to find anywhere on myatt.com how or where to add this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Renee

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

@reneeDeAnna,

Do what @Anonymous suggested and add the PPU roaming. That's what allows the actual roaming to happen. Changing the plan to the new one is the part that would affect the "how you're billed" part of it.

But basically, you should be all good to go now. I wonder if you got put on an old version of the plan. It's hard to say, but I'm glad it's all worked out now. Safe travels. 🙂

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @reneeDeAnna,

As long as your plan is the current 15gb plan ($100), you should be good to go. You can double check that your plan includes it by going to the change plan section of the website. Under your current plan's features, it should mention the part about using your plan in Mexico. If it doesn't, or you have an older version, you should also be able to switch right then so that you're good to go.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

The Roam Mexico feature is not add automatically, you must add it yourself to each line. You can do this very quickly with the MyATT app. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

If you can't find it on-line, you can call AT&T to have them add it for you.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

That's strange When I had switched to the new 15gb plan, I automatically had it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the quick reply....both myATT app and the att.com website is giving me the same thing...with no details or option to find out about "Roam Mexico"  when I go to the myAT&T overview page and click on plan details I get this pop up:

test 1.JPG So I then went to the "Change Plan" page and get this popup:

test 2.JPG

When I click on the View Details tab on my current plan I get this (which lacks the specifics I am looking for):

test 3.JPG

When I click on the Unlimited plan "View Details" it is much better defined:

test 4.JPG

So.............when I click on the "Manage" button underneath the primary phone I get these options with an area for "International"..

test 5.JPG

But the only options (after a few destination questions) are the AT&T passport stuff..:

test 6.JPG

This should not be that hard...I have a feeling that since I am on the Mobile Share 15GB plan I am good to go....but I would like the confirmation......

Thanks,

Renee

6 Attachments

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Here's what I found from the FAQ about it. It's about whether the old Mexico Roaming Bonus can exist simaltaniously, but it mentions both the Roam Mexico and the 15gb plans as two separate things. I left the company before these features came out in May, so I'm now just as confused as you.

"No. The Mexico Roaming Bonus feature cannot be on the same line as the new Mobile Share Value 15GB or higher plan or the AT&T Roam Mexico feature. If you currently have Mexico Roaming Bonus on your device, this feature must be removed before you can move to a new Mobile Share Value plan 15GB or higher or add the AT&T Roam Mexico feature to your device. In most cases, it will be better to change to a new Mobile Share Value 15GB or higher plan that includes roaming in Mexico functionality or add the AT&T Roam Mexico feature, as you’ll have access to all of your plan data to use in Mexico. Mexico Roaming Bonus only provides 1GB per line before overage charges are incurred." - https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/mexico-roaming-plan.html

That wording makes it sound like you can have either a 15gb or higher plan and have it automatically (which is what I experienced, Roam Mexico was never listed online for me, but I just had the ability to use my phone down in Mexico earlier this year at no cost) or you can also separately add the AT&T Roam Mexico feature.

When I view mine, it calls it a "Mobile Share Promotion Plan" and has the 15gb, but under details it also lists "NEW Talk, text, and use plan data in Mexico on eligible devices Rollover Data℠", so I wonder if yours is an older plan. When on the change plans screen, on the right column, if you click the minus sign, does it eventually offer you a different 15gb plan? I've had that happen when plans have changed and I've basically had to add the "new" plan, although it was basically the exact same thing, just different plan/feature code.

If it does show that, I guess you could just change to it and you're done. Of course, you'd lose any Rollover Data, though.

The only confusing part, is they qualify it with a "new 15gb or higher plan", and I can't remember what date they qualify as "new". I know at one point, "new" plans were the ones released August 15th, 2015, but I don't know if that's the case anymore. I'll do some more research.

Justin

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Digging a bit more in the terms on the Mobile Share plan page and the Mexico roaming page, it just mentions them as "Select 15GB and higher plans", as in "Select 15GB and higher plans also include data usage in Mexico.". Is the 15gb plan you're on an old retentions plan that was maybe offered to you before August 15th, 2015 for $100 back when the 10gb was $100 or something else special? If that's the case, you may have to switch to the "new" one.

Justin

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

To add the feature, do not select "change plan". Select a line on your plan, then select international and continue on until you find the Roam Mexico feature. You must do this for each line in your plan. Also when you select a line it should list any feature already on that line, including the Roam Mexico. If it is not there, you don't have it. If you are not seeing the Roam Mexico feature at all, I think you will need to call.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Hi Justin,

I think you hit the nail on the head...I need to "select" a "new" plan, but in truth the "new" plan would be the exact same as my current 15GB plan including cost and details....

Just FYI, my current Mobile Share Value plan 15GB was done last October 2015, I did get a bunch of discounts for switching from Verizon (rebates etc..)

I went ahead and used the minus button on the change plan screen and got the screen below:

test 7.JPG

My current plan still shows the same details:

text 8.JPG

But the "compare to" plan shows details below:

text 9.JPG

I think this is the route I need to go....once I switch I will followup on this thread to see what the new plan shows on my overview page....

Thanks a million Justin, I appreciate it.....

Renee

3 Attachments

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.