Get the myAT&T app
Jaquin2's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 29th, 2008 6:43 PM

Closed

AT&T Unity Worldwide Calling

AT&T Unity Worldwide Calling - How does this work? The charge of $4.99/month - is that per line (my landline and everyone of my celphone lines) or is that one charge for all the phones in my plan? It doesn't really explain this on the website.

I currently subscribe to the AT&T Unity Plan that allows me to call all AT&T customers, regardless if they are mobile or landline, as if they were all in the same network. I also subscribe to an international plan that charges $4.99/mo but that is only from my landline.

I will be travelling abroad and would like my kids to be able to call me from the US from their celphones without incurring high bills.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

Sorry AT&T discontinued the Unity Worldwide calling service about a month ago.

Expert

• 

752 Messages

15 years ago

@Jaquin2 wrote:

AT&T Unity Worldwide Calling - How does this work? The charge of $4.99/month - is that per line (my landline and everyone of my celphone lines) or is that one charge for all the phones in my plan? It doesn't really explain this on the website.

I currently subscribe to the AT&T Unity Plan that allows me to call all AT&T customers, regardless if they are mobile or landline, as if they were all in the same network. I also subscribe to an international plan that charges $4.99/mo but that is only from my landline.

I will be travelling abroad and would like my kids to be able to call me from the US from their celphones without incurring high bills.

You will need the World traveler Package on your phone which costs $5.99 and all this would do is reduce the roaming rates that you will incur.  International roaming s not part of any included calls and you will have to pay for any call you make or receive while traveling. Link to standard vs package per minute costs.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Sorry, that doesn't answer my question. I am asking how the Unity Worldwide Calling works. I just need my kids to be able to contact me from their celphones while I am abroad. I will not be using my U.S. celphone when I travel. I need to know if the $4.99/mo charged is a flat fee for all my lines, including my landline or if it's per line.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

15 years ago

I use www.phoneanywherecheap.com for my international calls from the states. There is no monthly fee or extra charges and the rates are very reasonable. You can register up to eight different phone numbers, cell or regular, in one account so that your children can all call you using the same account. It's a prepay so you put in a starting balance and add money as you need it. It works great for me. I set it up so that it will automatically recharge when needed. That way I don't get caught in the middle of a call. 
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.