Get the myAT&T app
scs1957's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 10:39 PM

AT&T Rep scammed a Senior

My father in law moved in with me. We called and canceled his Internet and Landline service at his old house.  We paid the final bill. We receive a new bill with a new account. The Lady who canceled the service decided to fraudulently order all new service at a vacant house.  I want to contact the SEC and file a fraud complaint against AT&T. This is a similar situation which Wells Fargo pulled with their customers.  It is impossible to speak to someone at AT&T so I need the number to file the SEC complaint. If I don't hear from AT&T ASAP the SEC complaint will go in.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Wow.  That shouldn't happen.  But this is the wrong forum.  Please click on the blue letters and send a private message to get this fixed.  

@ATTHelpForums

Scholar

• 

89 Messages

7 years ago

Hello, scs1957 -

I am so sorry you and your father-in-law were scammed. I'm not an AT&T employee, but I am a librarian and know the proper agencies for filing complaints of all kinds. If you need to make an official complaint to a U.S. government agency about the scam, the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) is not the agency to which you should complain.

All complaints to a U.S. government agency about telephone service are to be made to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). This is the link to the fcc.gov web page for filing a complaint:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

There are choices for filing complaints about TV service, Phone, Internet, Radio, Access for People with Disabilities, and Emergency Communications.

Best wishes -

Jeannie_D

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Jeannie_D

Does anyone else think that someone should tell ATT they made a mistake BEFORE filing a complaint?  

Scholar

• 

89 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40-

I agree that those having problems with AT&T service or products should do their best in getting their issues resolved amicably through AT&T. I only posted about filing a complaint with the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) because the original poster mentioned complaining to the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission), which is not the proper U.S. agency for filing complaints about unresolved communications issues.

I DO hope scs1957 and her and her father-in-law's scamming problem solved to their satisfaction through AT&T Customer Care.

Have a day lizdance40 -

Jeannie_D

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Jeannie_D   Lol.   I didn't catch that.  Agreed, that wouldn't work out too well..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.