Helpful Links

AT&T Call Protect - wildcard blocking

Highlighted
Contributor

AT&T Call Protect - wildcard blocking

My mobile # is being spoofed by a telemarketer.

I'm getting dozens of calls each day from people who see my number in their missed call history.

They all have the same prefix --- 917-445-XXXX

Is there a wildcard so I can use call protect to block all calls from the 917-445 prefix?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: AT&T Call Protect - wildcard blocking

Spoofing is an illegal practice where a computer is used to fake a phone number.  It usually changes in a couple days to a new number.  

Unfortunately this makes it impossible to catch the spoofers.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Hi lizdance40 -

The point is that the spoofer is using MY number and people are calling ME back.  All of the people the spoofer is calling have numbers that start with 917-445-XXXX.  Accordingly, I want to block all calls from numbers that start with 917-445-XXXX so I will stop getting calls from all of these people.

This has been going on for over a week.

Any help?

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

This is what I hate about these forums.  You either ask a simple question, but can't get a simple answer, **  Wildcards, people, wildcards.  Surely you know what wildcards are.  Expanding on the initial question, does AT&T U-Verse Home Phone Call Blocking allow for wildcards where you receive multiple or many, in my case, calls from the same area code or prefix, that I ordinarily wouldn't receive calls from, to just block the whole area code or prefix, like 999* or 214-555*.  The call blocking app I had on my cell phone allowed me to condense 200 numbers down to 50, but the app is no longer supported on my cell phone, and it would answer and hangup, preventing the blocked call from leaving a message.  ATT U-Verse Home Phone Call Blocking tells the caller the call is not being accepted, when I prefer the answer/hangup method, but at least they don't go to voice mail.  So the short is, is it possible to use wildcards in ATT U-Verse Home Phone Call Blocking?

[Please keep it courteous]

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support